my plan thru poetry.

Scrappydo

Not too sure this is the right place for this thread. Its clear to me now theres a good chance getting back together will not be an option. You can find my story in the "ex relationship" forum. With the help of this forum, studying poetry and songs I have found clarity in knowing I must completely let go.

Long story short... Nearly 3 years together, Nearly 1 year apart. A decision for space due partly for me to get healthy as I had an alcohol problem. It took me much longer to kick the problem, she, understandably, drifted away n got involved with someone else. She loves him, I since have become clean n made drastic real changes in my life. Been trying to win her back but nothing real. Shes confused n says she leans towards choosing him. Whatever. She should be single if its that confusing in my opinion. I love her greatly and see for the health and wellbeing for both of us I need to completely let go.

Here is the poem, I found that has helped me realize whats real...

it may not always be so; and i say

that if your lips, which i have loved, should

touch

another's, and your dear strong fingers clutch his heart, as mine in time not far away; if on another's face your sweet hair lay

in such a silence as i know, or such

great writhing words as, uttering overmuch,

stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;

if this should be, i say if this should be-

you of my heart, send me a little word;

that i may go unto him, and take his hands,

saying, Accept all happiness from me.

Then shall i turn my face, and hear one bird sing terribly afar in the lost lands.

~e.e. cummings~

My plan is to recite it to her in person this weekend when I drop off belongings of hers.

Something Im struggling with though...

She sent me a poem, less than a week ago. Its a sonnet of completely letting go but in the end the love can be revived. Im not sure how to feel, think or plain take it. Here it is...

Since theres no help, come let us kiss and part

Nay I have done, you get no more part of me;

And I am glad, yea, glad with all my heart,

That thus so cleanly I myself can free;

Shake hands forever, cancel all our vows,

And when we meet at anytime again,

Be it not seen on either of our brows

That we one lot of former love retain,

Now at the last gasp of loves latest breath,

When his pulse failing, passion speechless lies,

When faith is kneeling by his bed,

And innocence is closing up his eyes,

-Now if thou would'st, when all have given him over

From death to life thou might'st recover!

~michael drayton~

Despite my struggle with this poem... I still feel completely letting go is the only thing, a part of me wonders if once I do though... I need to do something on "Loves last gasp" to save us. She originally turned me onto both these poems in the beginning of us. I had no idea how real they would become.

Thoughts???

Archived