I wonder how many of us will make it...

I wonder how many of us will make it.

How many of us will struggle and carry on in a beige world. Maybe find a new love that is a ghost of what used to be.

Or:

How many will be truly happy again, in all consuming love. Where he/she jumps accross the table to kiss you. Or kisses you as you stand there confused and then jumps into the subway, leaving you amazed.

I hope and pray that it is the latter for most or us. I hope we all find our personal sunshine. I think the ones we break up with, i think they are our personal angels. But angels are busy because they are created to help others. So they leave us to make others happy too. How could it be any other way ? But one day, another angel will come and maybe he/she will not only make us happy again but will be too tired to leave

We will be happy. It seems so impossible at first as we only know them and we love everything about them .. But I believe it is all meant to be. I hear so many good stories.. People finding each other after years and people finding even better love. Whatever it may be, we will be happy. God wants all of us to be happy. Just have faith

That was beautiful, man, really and truly.

How long has it been for you? You seem like you have a bit of wisdom but also deep hurt that you carry with you. Know that in time, regardless of when you find somebody else, you'll find that happiness as well. Its not just dependent on an angel or a "ghost of your former lover" returning to you but its a happiness you always had inside that you didn't realize, and yes its in all of us. We all have the capability to be happy with yourselves and in turn, share that happiness with a significant other somewhere down the road so that we multiply our happiness in a truly special way.

If your world is truly "beige" or devoid of happiness because of a bad breakup, its still possible to find love, but that love may feel lesser because it'll be weighed down by expectations and unresolved issues.

Will be a good while yet, before I can come to terms with all i've had to deal with. Am going slowly and taking care of me.

Been 8 months- but still hurting, confused, sad...

Take time for us all to be truly happy again after such a loss.. and a fall in life. But in time, it can & will surely happen again, I do believe.

Every case will be different around here though. Some have/are struggling still after a year or more. All depends on the damages done.

But... as long as we keep going...keep trying. Keep taking care of ourselves. We do our best, is all.

In time.... who knows. Just remember, we're all loved & all special.

tc

I second what Phish23 said.

OP, we are ALL gonna make it. It may be hard to believe sometimes, but as we get older, we get wiser, and are better able to know when a potential partner is a good match. And because of this, I think that relationships do get better and more fulfilling as we age.

We're gonna make it. As heartbroken as some of us are now we might be tempted to think we have lost our only shot at true love. I think the darkness and such is a valuable learning tool for future relationships. We learn what we really want, and what we need to do differently in the future. My confidence and self esteem have taken a nose dive in the last month, but I know I have a lot to offer and someday a great woman will come along and this period will have made me stronger and more ready to love again.

Archived