lovetobrew

My gf and I broke up on the 30th. She wasn't sure how she felt about things and wanted to take a one month break. It was incredibly hard on me. Yesterday, I decided to send her a message asking for her to confirm a time and place with me to meet so she can tell me how she feels. She told me she wanted to call me right away and that she misssed me. She asked to get back together and I said yes, let's try it. We've been seeing each other again and things are going pretty good. She was scared to contact me during the break and told me she missed me just as much as I missed her. She was afraid I would hate her so she didn't initiate contact. Hopefully it works out for the best. I am still a bit concerned about what this short break up will mean for our future. There is hope!

Hey congrats! It's nice to hear these stories. We hear a lot of go NC and move on here. It's obviously the right thing to do for 90% of us, but it's also nice to hear stories of reconciliation. I too have a feeling my ex is terrified to contact me, as I am very matter of fact and tend not to have much patience for uncertainty and BS. But I could more than likely she could be just dandy with out me too. If she is interested, I think she will likely text or skype me. I may contact her at some point in the future if she never does, but I think I'll wait it out at least 6-8 weeks to give my self time to get over the relationship and give her time to reconsider.

The thing is often, people never give it a second try as they've been so hurt and traumatized, which is understandable. I reinitiated contact with an ex in the past and we could have tried, and she confessed her feelings, but i had a new gf at that point.

Good Luck brother, be a man, meaning be decisive, take her out on dates and create romance, don't be needy or her doormat

If reconciliation thing arises in my case, I would proceed like a self-couple-counselling.

After 1-2 meetings (without pressurizing much) I would like both of us to speak out our issues, fears, plans, concerns.. make an open communication channel. Speak out issues as if other person is not there, totally frank without any hesitation or feeling of guilt.

Then take a rational approach to see what can be solved and what can not be, based on that you can decide what to do next.

Very nice... hope things work out, this time around.

what was the reason for the initial break up though? Has it been sorted out, with this 'time apart'?

Whatever the reason, I hope it doesn't stand in the way of your two attempts again with this. Sometimes we need to be apart to want to be together in the end..

good luck

Archived