Why do I feel so worthless ?

Hey guys, I guess I'm having one of those bad days. It's been 2 months since my ex and I broke up. I guess I just need a little bit of cheering up or something.

A little about me that I never really mentioned. I'm 21. I'm a virgin (waiting till marriage) I'm smart, shy, hopeless romantic.

Anyways, in the past I have always had the guy come to me and want to get to know me. At first every guy I've talked to has appreciated that I'm smart, that I'm in it for the long run, even that I'm a virgin. Basically they liked that I was that good girl. I always give a relationship my all. Especially the recent guy who I had the strongest connection with, I went out of my way to make picnics, leave breakfast at his door, bake cakes, buy Mother's Day flowers for his mom. I've always been giving and respectful ( yes he did these things back for me too).

Anyways, they ( four of them) have all ended up leaving me. It makes me feel so confused and worthless because I do so much and I try so hard and give it my all. Some had gigs and some weren't ready to settle as I hoped but even the recent one, who was ready, when things got rough, he left. It makes me feel so easily forgotten. Even though most have returned..

I would hope that he would remember all of this instead of the stupid arguments after some time.

Idk this was more of me venting because I always pour my love for someone and give all my hope and trust to it and I just want to be happy.

Hey,

First of all, I want you to know that those guys are not for you. When the right guy for you comes, he will stay. However, a little caution here. From what I read, you are hopeless romantic. That may be a problem. I have discovered that when you choke guys with love, they will leave. For the fact that they in love with you does not mean they should not have a breathing space.

Slow down a bit and allow the guy do the chasing. When you give in too much in a relationship and the love is not reciprocated, it makes you vulnerable and when it fails to work out, it leaves you devastated. Let there be balance from both parties and when this is there, the relationship becomes enjoyable and with the right person, it will stand the test of time

Hey Tammy. Thanks for the responce! Sorry for yr way I wrote things. It does sound like I choke them with love lol but I do give them lots of space. I just wanted to show that I did a lot for them during the time as well. I think you're right though because once I fear losing them, that's when I'll kind of be too much and I guess they sense that.

You're 21. What age were they? I suppose most guys around the 20's are not ready for a commitment? I don't know...I'm 23 and I'm done messing around. I really want a partner for the rest of my life. So just keep looking. The right dude is out there waiting to find you. It just takes time to get to him.

Archived