Broke no contact :(

lea2503

Today I unpacked all the Xmas stuff to start putting up and last year me and my ex made Xmas hats for everyone for Xmas day as he was spending it with my family. I found these hats and sent him a picture saying "remember these?" He replied "yes! Haha they were so funny"

I have read some of your past threads. I can understand your sadness over the loss of a relationship where you felt there was a future. My recommendation to you is twofold.

One, if and when you feel like contacting him - remind yourself of this feeling right now. In fact, I think you should journal about it for 15 minutes. Write out all the pain and anguish of how you feel. Then mark the page "Reasons to Stay No Contact."

Second, put away the stuff he's given you. Reminders will make you feel nostalgia. Instead you need to remember that you deserve a guy who is in fact committed to you and does not lose interest/get cold feet once everything becomes real.

You can still respond saying something that doesn't drag on a conversation. just respond good and go on with life, these things happen!... What has helped me and is the only thing that has actually worked to help control my break NC is reminding myself one line "he isn't worth it, taking a deep breath a couple times, sometimes once...it's actually been working as a one time big deep breath, but sometimes it's more.... and release. Deep breath "hes not worth it" (or input whatever will help you stay strong) and breath out, let go...You literally are taking control by doing this.

I almost called him and I didn't, I almost emailed him and I didn't...I have also been keeping a notepad and put things like the date and what im thinking. Good Luck and just move forward, because really life is too short to move backwards.

Archived