nothing new necessarily but i guess until you go through it you don't realize just how difficult it is.... but now that i'm in NC with my almost-bf it really gets to me that i have to hear his name every single day multiple times a day and I'm constantly asked about him.... just wanted to vent as i can't really tell anyone here to stop or that we're no longer on speaking terms or that i'm a combination of sad and angry whenever his name comes up.... something to consider when starting a relationship at work - if it works out it's great, but if it doesn't, it's an extra layer of complication that gets in the way of healing and moving on if there are still feelings involved....

Sorry to hear that. We have a couole who dated at work and the guy went on to marry someone else from work and the wife won't work the colleague he previously dated...it's all messy for no reason. They're all grown adults and over it (except the wife re: the ex gf).

Ah well....live and learn.

I would never ever plan to leave the job I have now so I'd weigh that carefully when considering.

thanks for replying.... it's one of those things where logically you can understand why it's not a good idea.... but then you fall in love and you don't realize the impact of little things you thought you could deal with until you actually have to deal with them....

Absolutely! I can imagine! Hang in there. It'll blow over. *hugs*

thanks for replying.... it's one of those things where logically you can understand why it's not a good idea.... but then you fall in love and you don't realize the impact of little things you thought you could deal with until you actually have to deal with them....

Exactly. My ex's office is 10 feet from mine. How's that for fun times? I only see him a couple times a week, and now it's mostly OK, but for awhile, I wanted to cry every time I went to work. I was professional about it, though, and so was he (maybe I'm giving him too much credit here -- maybe he was just trying to sweep it all under the rug for his own comfort) but it was tough. Only one colleague knows about us, as far as I know, and I asked her to keep it quiet. It can be painful, but it does generally subside over time. Just keep reminding yourself of the logic part -- that it wasn't a good thing, that the way things turned out is for the best. That's what I do.

Sorry you're going through this as it definitely makes everything harder. Like you I weighed the pros n cons but couldn't say mo to love. I stayed weary for awhile but it seemed to get better n better. Year and a half then she left me fir a co worker. She said that wasn't a reason but said the didn't have a reason.. and was seeing him within the week. I'm moving on but work brings a lot back. After Sunday's shift I've had two nights of work girl dreams and it sucks. Stopped dreaming bout her awhile ago. I'm considering quitting. Luckily it's not a dream job but it's what I've got right now. Hope you're staying strong take care

Archived