Confused?!!

GoodGurl

I recently friended my old high school boyfriend. We haven't talked to each other in 16 years. Both of us married/divorced with each of us having one child. I private messaged him and we talked and within the first 20 mins. He asked if he could have the chance to meet my child and see me in a few months. I'm thinking wow pretty aggressive. So with him saying that I went ahead and gave him my cell number. He waits awhile to respond so I tell him I'm sorry if I made things awkward and finally he respond "it's all good." Didn't hear from him for a few days then he likes a photo I posted and writes a message on the photo. So I inbox him again just asking what else is new from the past 16 years of is not seeing each other. He first signs off like maybe he wanted to avoid me. Then answers me so of course I respond he then messages me again then signs off before I respond.Am I pushing things too much? Should I back off leave him alone? I'm just not sure what he wants? I'm just alittle confused here.

I'm not thinking it strange only because his daughter is around the same age and he now has full custody of her. Thinking maybe they can play and be friends while in the area visiting. And he knowing somewhat of the situation with my ex husband I honestly took it as he feels bad she hasnt had much of a father in her life. But I am definetly going to back off until he talks again.We were each others first serious relationships/ everything. I'm thinking he was just eager to see if I would meet him. not sure though. Thank you for taking the time out to give me advice. I appreciate it.

I don't think he came off as overly aggressive or moving too fast given your history (old friends who are now in a similar boat). He didn't really ask for a specific date/time so I certainly wouldn't think he was being aggressive. I do think he might think you are coming on a little strong (as a friend) based on what you write...but could very well not think anything of it.

My advice would be to back off a bit and let him be the one to contact you next time. If he is serious about meeting up then he will let you know. You see, you don't know what other stuff is going on in his life, he may be dating, stressed at work etc. and those things may be taking his attention. When he contacts you be sweet and respond to him, but let him come to you. Meanwhile, get out there and have fun yourself.

Archived