am i wasting my time wondering if she'll contact me again, still misses me, ect?

i've posted a bunch of threads on here over the past few weeks, which i'm sure some of you have read and kinda know my story...my and ex and have been broken up for the 4th time since April, have kept on and off contact between July and November (me doing the initiating really, she initiated in past break ups) and though i've decided to not initiate contact anymore and have set my expectations lower than ever, there is still a part of me hoping to hear from her, part of me hoping she'll contact me soon to not necessarily want me back again because it doesn't seem like she wants it again, but just to at least see how i am and even tell me herself she misses me without me saying it first...i'm sure she still miss me, talking to me, doing the things we did together, ect, misses alot, its only been a month since we last talked and she told me she missed all that, but at the same time i'm just feeling a little guilty about possibly just wasting my time thinking, feeling and hoping all these things? i mean, she was the most important part of my life for the better part of a year, and i am her first, well, everything (love, boyfriend, serious relationship, person to take her virginity) i don't doubt that all of that is still important to her and has a place in her heart, but am i wasting my time with all this right now?

Does the reason you want her to contact you have anything to do with it being an ego boost?

A guy I was dating broke up with me, and I really liked him, and even though it has been ages, I still think about him & wonder if I will ever hear from him. It is an ego/self esteem thing to think they pine for us as much as we pine for them.

You need to do what I do & try & stop yourself thinking about her. If she contacts you then deal with it then, but until then just keep yourself busy & try to get on with your life....easier said than done I know.

Good luck

Yea, you're probably thinking of her too much for it to do any good. That said, it's unlikely you can just turn the switch off and stop thinking about her just because it's a waste of time. It's all part of the healing process.

I'd recommend you just stick to NC, especially given all that's been going on since April. Giving each other space seems like the best option to me.

It's normal to feel so lost and heartbroken. And to have all these emotions as well, since we came to lost one we love...

Most likely, she IS thinking of you as those 'feelings' and memories do not fade away in a week.

Especially if we leave an impact.

Im sure she's feeling much the same. Sometimes, with these break ups. we both lose

one day at a time... tc

it does suck and is heartbreaking...i'm doing ok for the most part, but miss her dearly as well....i guess i still do and will for some time have that i hope for a bunch of things to happen between us again, but that hope is being kept to a minimal without too many expectations...i'm not gonna sit around anymore just waiting for her like i did earlier on in this break up, despite how much i miss her

Archived