He won't get his stuff

lea2503

Broken up for 3 months, he's been with new girl for 1 month, together for 2 years.

We swapped most of our thing just after we broke up, but there is still a load of his stuff at my house.

Everytime I've told him to get it back he puts it off, and the last time I said about it he said "do you mind holding on to it for a bit, there's no rush

It's not even little things either, it's expensive stuff!!

Don't know what to do and why he doesn't want it back?

Give him an end date or you are donating them to the Salvation Army. Put your foot down.

Second that!

Its been 3 months, ample time for him to make arrangements to get his stuff. Leaving it where it is means... he doesn't have to make any effort, and the stuff is an inconvenience to you rather than him. Perhaps give him 2 weeks to get it out, into storage or wherever he wants it - its his stuff and not your concern. If he doesn't do that, you'll assume he doesn't want it, and deal with it as you see fit.

I had an ex leave me for someone else also after two years. I held on to her stuff with the hopes of her coming back. She did 3 months later. She took her stuff and I felt totally used. I suggest u just dump it on his door step. It'll send a pretty clear message. At least it'll be on your terms and you don't look angry in the process. I don't recommend the garbage unless of u give him some warning, like telling him you're putting his stuff in a box and leaving by your door at this time. Don't be his storage please.

I would tell him politely "You may be in no rush, but as you've moved on, it's only fair your things move on WITH you. I'm not your personal free storage facility. Call/text me with arrangements for you or a friend to pick the stuff up by (reasonable date, say December 23rd) or I will donate it to charity in your name."

ya i would shove it all in boxes and out it in a shed or out of the way. like heartgoeson said, u have to be careful he doesnt seek legal action if you get rid of it all. and i wouldnt leave it on his doorstep because if theres a lot of stuff it means hassle for u movin it and free delivery for him. dont make it easy on him. shove it somewher out of ur way even if you can store it in a friends shed for the time being.

Archived