I had my face to face last night; I took the high road

If you have read my previous posts you know that I feel like I was lied to in the end of my relationship with my girlfriend. Last night I met up with her to take care of some financial issues, and she looked beautiful, as she always does. I had planned to confront her about certain things. After some thought, and the input from several ENA people, I decided to just let it go. Our meeting was cordial, and non confrontational. It may well be the last time I speak to her one on one. I didn't want her final impression of me to be a bad one. We live in a very small town, so I know it will be impossible to avoid seeing her again altogether. I think the people who commented on my posts were right, She wouldn't have said anything to make me feel better had I pushed the issue. I left with my head held high and dignity intact. I am still hurting from the split, and miss her in a big way. I must now move forward and get myself to a better place.

I am glad I handled the meeting like I did, instead of grilling her for answers. Its so hard to say goodbye, she was the love of my life. I accept it is over between us. I will always have questions about what happened, but I suppose its a case of being better off not knowing. We parted with a big hug and I told her that all things considered I'm glad our paths crossed.

I'm glad I bumped into this post.. I was just about to send an angry email to an ex that had been very douche and pretentious but I guess there's really no point.

and seeing your post in taking the high road I guess it's really jsut better we end up this way ... Him being douche and me being able to behave properly and just ignore his douche ways... imma just let him see the dust of me walking farther away from him .

thanks for your post and I'm glad you took the high road..

Hey man - you give us all an example to live by.

I recall times where I overreacted or otherwise made an a$$ of myself that STILL make me cringe 20 yrs later. You have dealt with an incredibly difficult situation here in a way you'll remember as entirely honorable your whole life long.

Good stuff - thank you for sharing with us!

It went well, I refrained from asking too many questions. We did talk about the relationship a bit. She managed to say a few things that brought me down a bit, but I didn't allow it to get the best of me. I'm still left wondering how something so good fell apart. I feel like I am through the worst of the depression I was in for 2 weeks though.

Archived