Pissed at my sister!

jennylove

I have a nephew who is a almost 9, he is the only grandchild on my side of the family. My sister and her hubby have always been extremely manipulative to us thru the the years and I do my best to keep them at a distance since they can't be trusted. AnywAy, nephews bday is dec. 21 and My mom and I tend to spoil him slightly since his life sux - no siblings, no cousins, no yard, no pets, parents that suck. Mom and I told my sister that we will buy him the new xbox 1 that he so bAdly wants, but it's our gift to him for his bday and Xmas. He will not be getting any gifts other than the xbox from my mom or myself, and we were all in agreement that we'd give it to him on his bday at my house. I had to work today, but when I got off, I stopped by my moms house, and she told me that she and my sister went to walmart today, and she picked up the xbox. since we agreed to go half, mom wanted reimbursed for my share. As I'm writing her a check, I casually asked about its whereabouts, hoping it wasn't in the car. We'll, I should have known. apparently there was a shift in plans without my consent. Sister convinced mom that this gift should be opened on Xmas day, at their house, but from " Santa." Grrr!

WRONG!!! That way she (Santa) will get all the oohs and ahhhs when opening the present! And SIS doesn't have to spend the big bucks...or hardly any....playing Santa, cuz Santa already brought the 'big' gift!

Nephew should know the gift is from YOU and your mom. Plans should go ahead as planned. Tell Mom that you are very upset at the change of plans...that you had no say in. Tell your mom that nephew should know the gift is from YOU and HER! NOT Santa. Santa gifts should be bought by parents.....then they can decide how big or small Santa gifts are. Plus, let me say...by 9 years old...you are really questioning Santa anyway. They usually play along just so they won't be out of gifts! lol

Anyway, put your foot down. Get mom to back you up. There is PLENTY of time til Dec.21! Good Luck

Mom always caves in to sistser. It's a done deal. I left moms house in a huff and I told her I will not reimburse her now since this was not the plan. I asked her what he is going to get from grandma this year for his bday and Xmas since Santa is the one who bought the xbox. Grrrr. I'm pissed at my mom, too. I predicted that sis would try this stunt and i flat out told my mom on numerous occasions that this gift will have our names on the tag and it will be given to him by us. I feel betrayed by my mom for sinking in and then acting like I'm being dramatic. My family drains me.

I feel like a witch for doing that to my mom but that is the direction that I'm leaning towards now. She is going to be broke for awhile since I won't reimburse her now, but she did it to herself. She knew how strongly I felt about this gift being from us. In a way, I'm more upset with her than my sis.

I think you should calm down a bit, and give him something else from yourself if you want him to have a gift from you exclusively.

Also, it is very easy to judge others, but when you have your own kids, you will get the judgment too all the time and that is what "sux" the most.

You say he has no friends and no pets and no yard, well, having an Xbox will deferentially solve that! He will have imaginary everything.

Ask him if he wants a puppy. But still, he wont care much about his puppy now, that he have Xbox...

His parents won't allow any pets. And yes , it was about the little boy until my sister mAde it about her . They are too cheap to buy him expensive gifts because they splurge on themselves. He doesn't have a yard because mommy and daddy decided to build a massive gym for themselves on the yard that they had, while she was pregnant. And after she had the baby, they wanted money from everyone to cover daycare costs. Just a little example of how they operate.

Archived