ex still has pics of me/us tagged/posted on her fb

so i still noticed that my ex girlfriend who broke up with me for the 4th time back in April still has pics of me/us tagged and posted still on her facebook...we are not friends on facebook anymore, yet she even commented a few weeks ago on one of them on how fun one of those days was...it's been 3 weeks or so since we last talked, we've talked off and on since July and i've tried a bunch of times to convince her to give us one last try, but she seems to be set on trying to move on, despite her missing me alot too, enjoying our talks otherwise, still thinking i'm wonderful, and even meeting up once in August (which was her idea)...i guess i'm wondering if she really is truly over me given that she still has a bunch of pics of me/us still up and tagged...i'm guessing she was going through those pics a few weeks ago and commenting on one of them randomly because maybe she was missing me alot that one day and thinking of those good times, idk...i don't know what she really, truly wants or feels!

in terms of where i stand, she claims she doesn't feel the love she had for me like she once did, despite how much she cares for me and still am dear to her...i still think deep down she does feel some love for me...i was first everything too (boyfriend, love, serious relationship, person she lost her virginity too, ect)...all i know is i can't keep trying to go after her anymore...if she ever wants to talk about, well, anything, she knows how to get a hold me...i've done all i can and gave it my all with her

She could well be missing you. She could be missing the friendship, the companionship or just that feeling of having someone special in her life but it doesn't mean she is missing you in the way that is necessary to be in a relationship with you. You have tried convincing her to take you back and she is adamant that wants to move on ..... that is what you need to focus on. Not on why she still has photos tagged of you on Facebook. I don't have my ex on Facebook anymore but I still have photos tagged of him/us simply because I didn't see what point there was to untagging them. In fact I didn't really think much about ... just that it would be a long and pointless procedure.

You need to totally disappear from her life. It sounds like she is trying to get over you gradually. ..chi

I agree, it sounds to me like she's been slowly weaning herself away from you. This is typical dumper behavior -- it makes it as easy as possible for them to stay in touch every now and then, meet up, have access to your Facebook and social media pages, send random texts... while they gradually transition to being single.

What's really sad about this is when you misinterpret this by telling yourself "she loves me too much to give me up completely"..... when really, she's just making it easier on herself to leave you by doing it more gradually.

She loves you *as a person*.... she misses you *as a friend*..... but if she was having those passionate *in love* feelings for you, she'd never break up with you.

well i have decided to stop initiating any contact with her myself, as much as i may miss her or want to hear from her...she knows how to contact me for a change if she wants...this break up didn't turn out like the previous break ups with her did where she did initiating, and it sucks, but i guess it is what it is...its her turn to talk to me if she wants, though i'll probably be more nonchalant than ever with her if she does contact me and i decide to respond!

My ex still has all of our photos on her FB as well... in addition to still being friends with my mom and grandma. Does it mean anything? Probably not. I already removed her and some of her friends on FB and I don't feel the need to check up on her FB or care about what she is up to.

I also don't initiate any contact with her, and when she contacts me (Typically about once a week/2 weeks) I take forever to respond, and keep it short and close ended so she realizes that I'm not interested in having a conversation.

Do yourself a favor, cut her off... completely... you'll feel good and when she DOES text you or try to communicate, you'll feel a little bit of an ego boost. Just don't over analyze her actions, trust me. This is the second time I've been through this, and both times the girls came back... only for it to not work out again haha.

On a personal note, I feel AWESOME! I have some sad days, but my life is way better without her and it took some time for me to realize this. You'll get there too, but like I said, cut her OFF!

well i have decided to stop initiating any contact with her myself, as much as i may miss her or want to hear from her...she knows how to contact me for a change if she wants...this break up didn't turn out like the previous break ups with her did where she did initiating, and it sucks, but i guess it is what it is...its her turn to talk to me if she wants, though i'll probably be more nonchalant than ever with her if she does contact me and i decide to respond!

I hope you'll stick to this decision. Having said that, if she contacts you and (I'm sure she will) I would not reply unless she states that she'd like to get back together. She'll either sink or swim, but you'll have an answer.

as happy as i'll most likely be when and if she does contact me, i plan on doing my best to reply and act as nonchalant as possible, as if i'm not interested in hearing from her at all....i feel like she doesn't deserve the satisfaction anymore of feeling like i seem so excited and happy to hear from her!

as happy as i'll most likely be when and if she does contact me, i plan on doing my best to reply and act as nonchalant as possible, as if i'm not interested in hearing from her at all....i feel like she doesn't deserve the satisfaction anymore of feeling like i seem so excited and happy to hear from her!

This is a terrible plan.

Pretending not to care ISN'T going to stop your ex from moving on. If she's contacting you -- and not asking to get back together -- she's doing it to comfort herself with the knowledge that you're STILL THERE WAITING in case she ever feels lonely, bored, or changes her mind about keeping you as a Plan B option.

Acting nonchalant DOESN'T change that!

You might think this is *playing it cool* and making yourself look attractive to her.... all it does is show her that you're being weak and needy and right there waiting for her in case she ever changes her mind. NOT attractive, not at all!

Dont think about it. The more you do the crazier it will make you. Learn to accept the now and learn to let go.

She has pictures up and tagged...that is the fact and leave it at that. Dont think as to why, dont analyze, dont dig deeper.

Just accept..and dont look at her facebook.

You might think this is *playing it cool* and making yourself look attractive to her.... all it does is show her that you're being weak and needy and right there waiting for her in case she ever changes her mind. NOT attractive, not at all!

I agree with what sharky says. You will still Plan B. When will you be Plan A again? Who knows if ever but probably after a long time has passed, both of you harbor no feelings, are both single, and your paths have crossed. Literally a fresh start.

But hey some people are okay with being Plan B, so that one's on you.

Archived