do you think this means I am still being considered or that I am being ignored?

reader

This past wednesday when I received word that I was not going to get a certain job, I became aggressive and called 4 people for jobs that are pending so I could move forward and get closure. So I waited until 7pm so i could call and leave a message on the voicemail and asked was a selection made yet and if so she can just leave it on my machine because I won't be available at all the next day.

the other person I left a message for was the one who interviewed me over the phone and told me that candidates will be contacted the week of december 2nd for face to face interviews.

So the next day I don't get a response from at all from any of them saying they selected someone else or have not received a rejection by email since both have my email address. I also have not received a rejection letter in the mail so I am wondering now am I just being ignored or still being considered? I mean the fact that they both can just send me a email lets me know i still may have a chance but you can never be too sure.

what do you think?

I think based on what you told me that you should keep looking and keep them on the back burner. A similar thing happened to me where i was aggressive post interview, the lady actually had me come in for training and then reconsidered after i had already worked an entire shift. There are many reasons why jobs are holding back on selecting someone, some of it could be lack of funding, or it could be that they are waiting for someone even more qualified but as a last result will depend on people who are interested in the job.

My experience has always been if they don't hire you right there on the spot, then it is a waste of time because obviously they feel as though if you found another job the next day then they can afford to let you go. An employer who absolutely needs you will just hire you or call you back after a day or 2, this has been the case with me every time.

Well the job that I interviewed with on 11/5 I know that is a done deal so when I called i was hoping the rejection message would be on the voicemail. The company who interviewed me on the phone and said they would contact candidates the week of 12/2 is probably a done deal also since I heard nothing at all this week. So these next 2 weeks I plan to do these things

1. Offer cash incentives to my friends on facebook who knows of a job opening in my field

2. Stay contacting temp agencies

3. Continue to stay in contact with family and friends about my situation

4.Continuing applying to atleast one job a day that i am interested in

If a woman went on 4 dates with 4 different guys, and none of them had called her back for a 2d date, she wouldn't call them up to find out if had any intention of asking you out again.

Jobs are very much like relationships and looking for a job is very much like dating.

I've glanced through some of your other posts and you seem manic about finding a job. That kind of energy is going to come out when you interview and if your posts are anything to go by, I wouldn't be surprised if interviewers aren't picking up on that being turned off. You seem like you need to calm down.

I think based on what you told me that you should keep looking and keep them on the back burner.

Just like a relationship, the right job will come when it comes. In the mean time, you're probably pushing them away with your aggressiveness.

If a woman went on 4 dates with 4 different guys, and none of them had called her back for a 2d date, she wouldn't call them up to find out if had any intention of asking you out again.

Jobs are very much like relationships and looking for a job is very much like dating.

I've glanced through some of your other posts and you seem manic about finding a job. That kind of energy is going to come out when you interview and if your posts are anything to go by, I wouldn't be surprised if interviewers aren't picking up on that being turned off. You seem like you need to calm down.

The right job will come when it comes but in the mean time you're probably pushing them away with your aggressiveness.

Yeah none of these places don't know I don't have a income and not sure if it's coming accross in the interviews. I felt good about the 11/5 interview after it was over and that was my last face to face interview. But I am kind of rushing because jan is approaching and I don't have the rent.

That's why I am now offering $200 to anyone who can give me a job lead that leads to a interview and hire because I am desperate. If i was receiving uC benefits i would have never called on Wednesday

i don't know you or your threads and I'm obviously not there on your interviews with you. You want to make the impression that you really want to come work for their company because you are really interested in what they do and you have a lot to offer them... not that you really really need to pay rent (which of course, you need to do!!) Try approaching the interviews from what you have to offer the company and why you would be great for them.

Can you talk to your landlord? They may be lenient. good luck, I hope you get something soon!

i don't know you or your threads and I'm obviously not there on your interviews with you. You want to make the impression that you really want to come work for their company because you are really interested in what they do and you have a lot to offer them... not that you really really need to pay rent (which of course, you need to do!!) Try approaching the interviews from what you have to offer the company and why you would be great for them.

Can you talk to your landlord? They may be lenient. good luck, I hope you get something soon!

Oh no I would never say that at the interview lol. I did express what I bring to the table and how my skills would help achieve their goals

The Landlord said to call him on Jan 5th if I don't have the rent so we can work something out. Now sure if he was willing to do it because of me telling him on dec 5th after I paid that rent that I have some concerns about january rent and that I lost my job. At this point I have close to half of the rent on dec 8th so no telling what will happen in 3 weeks

Maybe I will get word of a job offer before then. But I did tell him I was asking just in case because I never been in this situation before

having half the rent is better than none! i hope that he is able to work with you on this, but even better, i hope you find a job soon!! good luck. are there any ways for you to pick up some cash before you have a steady job? side job shoveling snow, babysitting, doing errands for someone, etc...? Did you look into a career placement agency?

having half the rent is better than none! i hope that he is able to work with you on this, but even better, i hope you find a job soon!! good luck. are there any ways for you to pick up some cash before you have a steady job? side job shoveling snow, babysitting, doing errands for someone, etc...? Did you look into a career placement agency?

Right now I am selling all of my DVD's and VHS tapes on ebay which is how I am getting close to half the rent. And I have been in contact with several agencies and one called back after I applied to a position. I followed up with the agency and was told they are still trying to narrow it down before they start calling for interviews.

I did discover something tonight. A job I applied for 2 weeks ago I was doing some researching and found out the guy who posted the ad is a mutual friend of one of my friends on facebook. So I plan to do something with that tomorrow to get a big jump on the new week.

Well today I sent a private message to the guy who I found on facebook about the job I applied to a few weeks ago and he told me to resend the resume to his work email.

So let's see what comes out of that, maybe a interview? I am coming up with all kind of strategies now lol

Was called this evening at 6:30pm and offered the job from one of the places I mentioned in this thread.

Wow, was not expecting that at all and the offer letter is on the way and I start on 12/16. I believe there is a Santa Clause lol

Now I can breathe easy

yay, congrats!!!!!!!!! When would your first paycheck arrive? the 31st?

The start is date is not confirmed yet so I don't know lol. She wants me to call her when I receive the offer letter. The only thing that is confirmed as of right now is that they want me to start.

Could be 12/16 or 1/7. It wouldn't be 12/23.

I was just staring out the kitchen window this morning saying............"i am running out of credit, money, and time, what is going to happen to me?" Unbelievable

I am really happy for you. Really great timing. You will be ok!!

Thanks

And to receive the call so late was so unexpected. I haven't had a good night sleep in 3 months lol

I was telling my friend on the phone this 2 hours before the company called

"Well it looks like it's over, only 2 weeks left in December and no company is interviewing this close to Christmas so i don't know what's going to happen to me in 3 weeks. lol

BTW: the job is a 30 min commute from home.

Well the offer letter arrived today and when I started reading I see they offered me a $1000 more that what I said I would accept. My start date is for 12/16 and then as I started reading more I started to get irritated because

1. They want me to have a physical before my start date

there is no way I can get an dr. appt before 12/16. So I decided to remain calm and realized since this is the case they will probably just move the start date to January since they want the completed form the day I arrive. So I left a message for the person who called me 2 days ago to tell me the offer letter was on the way so she can call me back.

Definitely wasn't expected that when I opened up the package.

Archived