trigger: my ex is going on vacation, using the airfare credit i bought us..

I have heard through the grapevine..aka Facebook..that my ex is going to maui on vacation with two of his friends. This is all fine and good, and ordinarily I wouldn't think twice about it..

BUT

This was a ticket I purchased him ( the airfare credit was only available in his name, even after we broke up )

he never paid me for the ticket ( even though he said he would "I give you my word " )

I am seeing all this hoopla on facebook about his friends getting so pumped to go and I cant help but be a little pissed that hes going on my dime.

frustration.

It was a gift. He doesn't need to give it back.

Whether he will be true to his word, who knows.

But it would be pointless for him not to use it.

Im aware of this fact..I expect him to use it.. but it still gets my goat that he cheats on me and then gets a free trip to Hawaii.

You didn't need to give him the ticket.

There isn't anything you can do at this point but put it behind you.

Last year I had already order my bf's Xmas present on line when we broke up. We were not together at Xmas...that's the way life happens sometimes.

Well there is always a risk of a break up and then having spend money on gifts for them, so be it, if you don't want to risk that then don't give such expensive gifts..

A gift is a gift and the receiver can do with it what they want really..

On a side note,I do wonder why you put a trigger in the title, if I read trigger I expect the thread to be about abuse, death, suicide or anything that really triggers memories with people, ptsd and so on,I don't think it is necessary to call this a trigger really

Well there is always a risk of a break up and then having spend money on gifts for them, so be it, if you don't want to risk that then don't give such expensive gifts..

A gift is a gift and the receiver can do with it what they want really..

On a side note,I do wonder why you put a trigger in the title, if I read trigger I expect the thread to be about abuse, death, suicide or anything that really triggers memories with people, ptsd and so on,I don't think it is necessary to call this a trigger really

well then let me put my " trigger" in context for you.

This trip to maui, was two tickets, for the both of us. It was a trip, that when I purchased, I had planned to propose there.

Sorry if you think that is melodramatic, but the idea of him going on this trip that once held such emotional weight for me, would, in my mind be a justifiable trigger. triggering memories or anger that you experienced in past..maybe go read the definition of trigger and you will understand that this IS in fact a legitimate "trigger"

You were going to propose to him (you are a female?)

And he had no idea?

Well...then finding out via FB would trigger sadness.

But if he bad no idea it is just him using a ticket already purchased.

And when/if he.pays you for it, splurge on something wonderful for yourself.

Annnnd... here's a really strong example of why FB should be a no-no after a breakup unless it's restricted to people who aren't linked to and won't breathe a word about the ex.

Take a deep breath. Step back. Did seeing it really tell you anything important, in the scheme of things?

Let's look at just the facts for a second.

1) He had the ticket - but you already knew that.

2) He hadn't paid you back - but once again, something you knew

3) He's using it - something you didn't know for certain, but was at least a decent chance.

The ONLY thing it's done is given you a more vivid picture, and caused anger and pain in the process.

His friends getting pumped up about going? Only natural. And if his cheap butt wasn't involved, you wouldn't give a rat's hiney.

So let it go, and realize most of this is because (harsh wording alert) YOU chose to shove it in your own face by keeping tabs on what he's doing with his friends.

And he, from the sounds of it, is SOOOOO not worth this.

Chin up, and stab that block button, girl!

This guy is an asshat. Why are you surprised?

But, at the end of the day, it's only money - let it go. Letting him go is more important than the money.

You're also contributing to your own hurt because you don't have to see this "hoopla" (which is probably only for your benefit) - unfriend him!!

Archived