So we had a thing for 4 months and official for one. So all together for 5. We broke up because of me and the way i acted in the end (i deeply regret it). Anyway i tried fixing it but to no avail. 2-3 weeks post breakup i find out she's seeing this guy and she's really happy. Like a switch of emotions occurred to her.

I feel mentally and physically drained, ever since finding out about him (12 days ago) i wake up 3-4 times in the middle of the night, i dream about them both. I think about her 24/7 like i never find myself not thinking about her. I can't go on like this, seriously i feel dead, like she controls my life. I get maybe 5-6 hours of sleep a day overall? And the other 18 hours of the day i'm thinking about her. I need advice on what to do, we're both seniors in school and i have to see her everyday. I just can't get past this feeling, i'm depressed the whole

Time even when i go out half the time i try bringing her up to my friends and they shut me up because i've been ranting over and over. I can't focus on anything right now. I am in NC, but i feel like i go one step forward two step backwards

It must be really hard having to see her every day in school. Hopefully you'll get a break soon for the holidays and that'll help you a bit!

Your sleep and mood will improve with time, it's normal to feel depressed and unable to focus this soon after a breakup.

Are you exercising every day? This is the best way to help you work through the painful emotions as well as help you sleep. Plus you flood your brain with chemicals that make you feel happier -- which is really important.

You see, the thing is i was being someone else in the end towards her, i was being cold and distant and not appreciating her for the last 10 days or so. And she said we need to discuss it, i said you want to break and see how things turn out? It took me 2 days to realize what a HUGE mistake i did and kept on pursuing her till she fell in the hands of someone else. And i can't forgive myself, it's really my fault not hers, in a way i kind of deserve what i got

If she wanted to be with you, she'd have chosen to work it out. People work through all kinds of things if they want to.

Please don't blame yourself. It was her decision to end it and it might not have had anything to do with things you did (or didn't do).

However, you can still learn from this and maybe be more attentive to your next girlfriend.

Sounds like you're experiencing Anxiety...maybe go see your dr about this. Explain things and see IF you can get something for a while.. to help you out with this blow.

It's not easy to 'lose' someone. It hurts, I Know.

You have to do your best to aim yourself AWAY from her now, though. Work on YOU.

Avoid & no contact.

Do your best to keep busy... continue your best with life. See friends/family.. etc. This is all fresh for you and it's NOT easy..we understand.

Keep trying.. one day at a time. There's always counselling available as well. If not thru school? Ask dr about that too- if you choose.

Otherwise.. we just have to 'go with it'. In time, things WILL calm down, but for now, it's hurting. We understand.

Take care

Archived