On-line deja vu

LoveSoDeep

I've had a PoF account for a while now...several years on and off and I guess it's not weird since I've been around so long there are lots of men my age that seem to be perpetual members as well. Probably in the same predicament they have some dates and maybe a short relationship here and there but nothing that sticks and so they are back.

My question is what do you do when one of these guys who you think you've talked to before messages you again like you've never met?

Maybe I should have kept notes! LOL but I'm sure this guy at the very least e-mailed me before and it's possible we met once for coffee or something and...or maybe I've just seen his profile a million times and we never talked at all. But I get the sense we have interacted before when I see his picture.

He wants to meet up and I personally like to meet up early and just see if there are any sparks....but how weird would it be if we have met before.

Anyone else have this deja vu problem online?

I've done a heck of a lot of online dating, I can't even guess at how many first dates I've been on over the years, easily 50 perhaps more.

But I'd never forget a woman I'd met!

Either you've been on a LOT more dates or your memory isn't all that good.

Haha!

Good point I think that it's very unlikely we actually met, but we may have e-mailed before or even texted or talked on the phone I'm not sure...what bothers me is if that's the case why did we never meet? What happened? Probably one of us got distracted by anther prospect.

Here's my story. I met a man at a party but we didn't exchange numbers- just casually met. Then, I emailed him on line not knowing we had met. He didn't e-mail back. Then some time later I was on a first meet with another guy at a local coffee shop. accross from me was a guy on a date but he kept checking me out which was strange. The next day he emailed me to tell me he was the same guy who'd met me at a party and heard from me on line some time ago. We made plans to meet. Meanwhile, the guy I had the first meet with had ended up being not so nice and sent me one of those not so nice blow off emails. I emailed him back something to the effect of "when one door closes another door opens". (Oh and guy no. 2 said he had stopped dating the woman he was out with that night). Nothing ever came from my dating guy no. 2 -we went out once or twice but it made for a good story.

And yes I had some repeat players on line - not real "players" - one guy who I had an unpleasant first meet with emailed me a few years later. I reminded him that we'd met before and that I didn't think we should meet again . He then emailed that his mother had a bad first date with his father and later gave him another chance. I liked the story of course but told him that I was uncomfortable with things he had said that day at our lunch (which was the truth and I told him exactly what he had said that bothered me).

That's a good one Batya!

I guess I can't be too harsh on guys who don't remember me after this. lol

There was a guy who messaged me and then we texted quite a bit and for some reason or another we couldn't get our schedules right to meet up. He then basically called me fat and old in a text message...as some sort of retaliation for not meeting up with him which he thought was a slight for some reason. A few months later he messaged me again. Like nothing had ever happened! I kindly reminded him that not that long ago he called me old and ugly so I was going to have to pass on his request to "get to know each other" loo

Archived