Trying to get a first date

wjv901

Last Friday my friend invited me out to a bar with him and some of his fiances friends. I started talking with one of her friends who I thought was cool, but didn't think much of it.

The next night we had a smaller get together at a friends house just drinking and playing board games. She was there again and this time it was less people, quieter, we talked more, but not really 1 on 1 at all. I became pretty interested.

I asked my friend about her the next day, he said she's single and really cool etc. and he would find out if she was interested at all. A couple days later he mentions that the girl had been talking to his fiance and said she liked me, which is obviously best case scenario for me.

Id like to ask her out but I don't know how should I do it, given that I don't know when I'll see her next. It's possible I see her tomorrow or Sunday night, in which case I will just make an effort to talk to her 1 on 1, get her number, and go from there. But aside from my one friend and his fiance, I don't really have any connection to her so I may not see her for weeks. Do I just ask my friend for her number? Do I just wait until I see her again? Do I just add her on Facebook (this seems like the worst idea).

We're both in our mid/late 20s. I haven't dated much, so quite frankly I'm just not too good at this kind of stuff.

Go through your friend/ fiancé and see if they can ask her if its okay for them to pass on her number. It appears there is a lot of "like " going on. I would avoid FB.

Yea I know FB is pretty much a terrible idea.

I think if I don't see her tomorrow or Sunday, I will just ask one of them for her number and message/call her.

Archived