Was discharged from my job, denied UC benefits and I decided to appeal and then

reader

changed my mind and said "what's the point" and sent in a email that I withdrew my appeal

Then I get a phone call from the referee office that my decision to withdrawl my appeal was denied and the hearing will still go on as planned?

Does this sound odd to anyone else? If I am accepting the initial decision to not get UC Benefits then why are they forcing me to fight it?

Are you always so passive when it comes to major events that effect your life?

I was under the impression that the hearing would not be until sometime in 2014 and that it was no point in fighting because I have no income and need the money now. Plus I felt that since I was discharge for wilful misconduct, it would be difficult to win the case so why waste my time. Also keep in my that I already have to deal with the issue of finding a job so I didn't want to be involved in anything extra that would take a long time

Willful misconduct? Apparently you are not so passive.

That's why I felt it was no need to go further because It was going to be a long process. Basically it was posting on a social networking site while on company time. But I was unaware because I was never signed a social networking policy or given a new employee orientation

Then you actually have a case if they cannot prove you were aware of the policy.

Not only that, I am not eligible for benefits from this employer because i was only there 8 months. So this employer is not stopping me from getting benefits, this is a existing claim I was trying to re-open

Well ---- when your original post omits crucial information it is hard to provide accurate advice.

Yeah I didn't put everything in the original post because I was still in shock I was told I could not withdrawl my appeal to fight for something that would benefit me lol

Most people win these appeals. The fact that this claim doesn't even involve your last employer, it's your prior claim, means that they're pressing you to attend because you're likely due your benefits.

I wouldn't ditch this.

That's why the lady on the phone who called from the referee office said that's probably why the referee denied my decision to withdrawl my appeal.

Archived