Using FB as a reference to point of interest?

Dougie_D

Here's what's happening.

There's an over the counter (by the slice) pizza joint.

I'm not used to getting any attention or any nice comments.

One of the girls had mentioned she liked my new "style".. well, I had recently changed it up.

I went in one day, and we didn't really have time to talk (usually busy). Since she "noticed" me, I always make a point to try to get a conversation going.

Where you from, how's your day, etc.... pretty much it has all been "small talk".

It's been a week or so since I last went in...but the other day she immediately said "long time no see"... I usually go in the pizza place at least once a week.

So here's my question: I really want to ask her out on a friendly date, but I'm not sure if she is just being always nice because of her job.

I was thinking of saying: "So, what's your Facebook page?"

She can mention herself or the pizza place. And depending what she says, that's my answer right?

I was thinking of saying: "So, what's your Facebook page?

I would expect her to NOT tell you .....but that doesn't mean a rejection it just means she has the sense to not give a customer THAT MUCH detail .

f/b page ...you have your name , your surname .. your family , your children , where you hang out .... the list is endless

I would just go with a simple " do you fancy going for coffee/cinema/dinner etc etc"

No. That's just opening yourself up for misunderstandings.

Next time, talk about some movie that just came out or is coming out. Ask her if she'd like to go with you, then get her number if she says 'yes'.

It's more nerve wracking for sure, but "do you want to go to the movies" is a lot more straightforward then "can I add you to Facebook" (

I think you guys are missing the point of why I want to use the FB question. If she tells me "yes, just type in bla bla bla pizza joint" then she isn't interested in me.

If she gives me HER FB... I can stop and say "that's not what I meant"...so I don't come off stalkerish, but I at least know what she was thinking.

I think you guys are missing the point of why I want to use the FB question. If she tells me "yes, just type in bla bla bla pizza joint" then she isn't interested in me.

If she gives me HER FB... I can stop and say "that's not what I meant"...so I don't come off stalkerish, but I at least know what she was thinking.

I think you are missing our point dougie

leave facebook out of it ....just ask her out

I'm with mhowe and the others on this one. Just ask the girl out already and Facebook be hanged! Nothing makes us notice you like a, "Hey, want to go for a coffee sometime?" FB doesn't mean anything, but I'd feel a bit stalked if a guy asked me for that instead just a date. A date means you want to get to know her better. Asking for her FB page though, well it could be you want to know where she lives, who her family is, get close to her friends etc. I'd actually be alot more suspicious and on guard if you asked me for the FB page than I would if you just straight up ask me on a date.

Just do the date already, you like her. She sounds like she likes you. If she's free and available she'll probably say yes and if she says no at least you have your answer. No dancing around.

That would be terribly awkward because she likely assumes that you can read and remember the name of the pizza joint and can search facebook.

Tell her you would like to take her out for pizza, but she probably gets enough at work....so would she.like to grab a Burger or taco on her next day off?

Yeah, I like this idea. You can show a little sense of humor here...I'd say something like "Seeing as you probably OD on pizza from working in this joint, wanna grab a burger with me some time? I know this great place..."

And I didn't read Slimpee's link...but don't ask for her FB...just ask her out.

I used to work retail and very often I would be nice and chatty with customers. If any of them had asked me if I had facebook I probably would be very weirded out by that - even if I was flirting with that person. I don't just add anybody to facebook and some random customer? No.

Now if a guy I have been chatting with when he came in asked me out and did so in a funny/charming way, I would say yes (if I was interested). But even if I was interested, I wouldn't give him my facebook info unless we were getting serious.

Just ask her out.

Is she within your league? You have to be careful, these employees are paid to be extra nice to customers, ESPECIALLY REGULARS. If she's out of your league, and you should know, you should forget it. And don't ask for facebook, that's creeper status.

Archived