As much as I hate all the posts I constantly see about Facebook this and Facebook that, I am coming to these forums now with a question.

Our break-up occurred on September 18th. Less than a month after she was dating a new guy. Around that time, she blocked me on Facebook. The full story can be found somewhere else. I'm not too concerned to get into it.

Anyways, I have been in No Contact for 51 days and I am feeling a LOT better. But, recently, in the "people you may know" section of Facebook I saw her name pop up, and honestly didn't think anything of it. Then I realized it meant that she unblocked me.

She doesn't know that I know she's dating someone else. Due to my Facebook stalking in the first few weeks of "No Contact" (that's bad, I know), I did find this out, and I was able to be strong enough not to say anything.

She hasn't tried to friend request me or anything and I have not and will not try to message her in anyway. I have a hunch she is just trying to get a rise out of me, which she won't get because I don't really care anymore unless she shows up at my door full of regret and then some. I also know she's probably checking up on me.

I don't really have any urge to check her Facebook as I don't care what is happening in her life.

My question is, should I block her?

I don't want to seem like I still harbor any resentment toward her, even if that may not be true. I would like to continue remaining indifferent but I am not sure if this is the correct route? Blocking her may make it seem like I'm still affected by her. But, at the same time, I am NOT comfortable with the fact that she is checking up on me. I always thought it would be nice if she started checking up on me, but now that it is actually happening I do not care for it because it's none of her business. I do know something is going on because her mother "liked" one of my posts and is definitely no longer my friend since I deleted her. I just have this deep-seated feeling that they are trying to get a rise out of me, and I'm not even tempted to give them the satisfaction.

Block her?

Stay off Facebook?

Or just continue living my life and who cares what she sees?

I have never blocked anybody, but I am guessing that you can do that even if she has unfriended you?

If so, I would do so - not to "get a rise" out of here, but for your own piece of mind. It would mean that you would not longer see facebook "suggesting" that you add her to your friend's list. I bet that once you are no longer faced with the option, it will be easier to let it go - out of sight, out of mind so to speak.

If you are ever going to move on you need to purge this person from your life for your own mental health.

Facebook is not the "Evil" thing many people make it out to be, however it does sometimes make things like breakups harder especially when you are tempted to check on that person.

Don't do it. Block, and forget. Move on.

....I am NOT comfortable with the fact that she is checking up on me. I always thought it would be nice if she started checking up on me, but now that it is actually happening I do not care for it because it's none of her business.

you said you're not comfortable with the fact that she is checking up on you. While you leave her "unblocked" and able to check up on you, you are (in effect) giving her some power over your feelings after you have split up.

If you are happy like that... stay with your facebook settings as they are - that's your decision.

You can decide to block her (if you want). That would put a bit of distance into the amount she can affect your life.

I wonder if you might be getting drawn into almost a game... if you start spending time thinking about what she is doing, and what her mum is commenting on etc....

If you're ok with where things are, and not obsessing or over-worrying about it - leave things as they are

If not.... perhaps block her

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck and best wishes

I'd say stay indifferent and carry on. I did that myself and it worked excellently for almost the whole 8 months we have been broken up. However, my ex started some crazy drama with me less than a week ago. We have been NC for 4 months and it did involve a Facebook post that he wrote specifically mentioning me. I was shocked but decided to block him after that. I will likely unblock him in another few months, but am blocking him right now just because he publicly mentioned me and in a negative light.

Archived