Ambiguous over if it was a date or not?

stargirl1993

We're classmates. This is the second time we got coffee. The first time was in mid October and we talked for 3 hours about everything. Then ever since we've been talking more and more until he asked if I wanted to get another cup of coffee.

We met today at a a cozy quiet coffee shop. He payed for my coffee despite my protest. We talked about everything and nothing. We talked about things I don't tell anyone about. It came so easy. He asked if I wanted another cup of coffee, despite his protest I payed for the second round. Before we knew it, we had been talking for 4.5 hours. We grabbed our coats and walked up the street. He asked what I was doing, I told him procrastinating on going home. He said he's heading home. He then turned and gave me a huge tight hug. I melted.

We stuttered over each other next time we'd talk/ meet up. We agreed on soon and parted ways.

I got home and found a text from him thanking me for the lovely time.

I'm smitten but I'm unsure. He's 15 years older than me but it doesn't bother me. I'm unsure how my age makes him feel. I don't know what to think. Do you think he thought this was a date?

Archived