Does she like me, or just being friendly?

Slim Dog

Hi guys! So a couple weeks ago, I was sitting in one of my classes when I hear someone say my name. I turned around, to notice that the girl was the Homecoming Queen, senior, a cheerleader, etc. Anyway, she complimented my outfit and said she really liked my jacket (it's a sleeveless ones). Yeah so I'm like thanks, blah blah blah...

I thought it was just her being nice or something, until today.

I was in a supermarket, talking to someone else that I just happened to see, when I hear someone say "Hey, ____!" Turned around, and it was her and a friend. So as she smiled and slowly walked by she said "I see you're wearing my favorite jacket" in kind of a cute/slightly seductive voice. Anyway, a couple more lines were said, and I went to get what I needed from the store.

At first, I thought it was a little weird, homecoming queen was talking to me (not saying that I'm unattractive, a nerd or a loser, but I just don't really hang out around that crowd. In fact, I'm moderately popular around my school). Then I came to my senses and realized that she probably didn't do this to everyone, and I got happy.

Yeah so when I got home, I said to myself "Surely she has a boyfriend". To check this, I got on her facebook page, and it said she was single... which was a shocker.

Well, I know this isn't a lot of information, but does anyone think that she might like me, just want to be my friend, or is just being nice? I'm really in a state of confusion (relationship wise), because there's only one girl that I've really really liked for a long time and she genuinely likes me too, but I don't want to ask her out because she's pretty flirty, she kind of isn't in a good economical status, or have a good home life (she's clean, but her dad has a REALLY inappropriate job and her sister does drugs and smokes a lot of cigarettes along with her dad, parents divorced).

So hopefully she doesn't like me because I don't want to be in a relationship right now with anyone other than the girl I mentioned.

Thanks a lot, let me know what you think!

Who is flirty...the homecoming queen or the girl you like?

My bad, again

"I'm really in a state of confusion (relationship wise), because there's only one girl that I've really really liked for a long time and she genuinely likes me too, but I don't want to ask her out because she's pretty flirty, she kind of isn't in a good economical status, or have a good home life (she's clean, but her dad has a REALLY inappropriate job and her sister does drugs and smokes a lot of cigarettes along with her dad, parents divorced)."

This part is only about the girl I like. Everything else is about the homecoming queen. This was just an added part as to why I don't want to be in a relationship right now.

I think she just wants your jacket

Some can 'act' flirty like... so dont jump the gun right away here. Give it time.. see if she starts to 'wander' more your way.

Get to know her more.. before you assume anything.

Thank you both for your responses. I started laughing at the jacket part!

Archived