Unblocked / refriended on FB

Ex dumped me a month ago, overlapped and replaced me with her current bf. Continued then to have a lot of her close family and friends block me out of FB and contact. I know FB is nonsense but, wont lie, it added insult to injury. So here we are a month later and I notice she has unlocked me. I've actually been doing ok the past couple weeks, but now I'm curious as to whether she is trying to keep tabs on me or whether she is flaunting her new love and life in my face on her page, or both. A little perplexed why if she dumped me, kicked me to the curb for someone else, why she would even want to initiate the slightest of contact? Happen to anyone? Any insight? Thanks

probably a little of both, but probably more to keep tabs on you.. Instead of worrying about why she unblocked you, the question should be "Why haven't you blocked her?". You need to block her because you are reading too much into this.. She dumped you for another man. So, she shouldn't even have that much access to your life.

Ex dumped me a month ago, overlapped and replaced me with her current bf. Continued then to have a lot of her close family and friends block me out of FB and contact. I know FB is nonsense but, wont lie, it added insult to injury. So here we are a month later and I notice she has unlocked me. I've actually been doing ok the past couple weeks, but now I'm curious as to whether she is trying to keep tabs on me or whether she is flaunting her new love and life in my face on her page, or both. A little perplexed why if she dumped me, kicked me to the curb for someone else, why she would even want to initiate the slightest of contact? Happen to anyone? Any insight? Thanks

It's either that she a) wants an ego boost by letting you know how "well" she's doing, b) she wanted to see what you were up to or if you had found someone, or c) her relationship isn't doing so well and she wants to see if you're still available. I'm going to go with A and B.

I'm sure she's just over it and wants to flaunt her new man to you. I would block HER now if you really don't want any chance at reconciliation. It has only been a month...lots of things are going to happen to you like this in the next 5 or 6 months. If you really have zero desire to have her back after she dumped you, it's sincerely time to block her and heal.

I hear you guys. Still reeling a bit and its hard. I wasn't checking, what happened was all the posts she had posted showed back up after she unblocked me. I guess I'm trying to figure out why she did it, even though as you guys say I doesnt and shouldn't matter. I too feel like its just so she can give me a hypothetical, " look how great I'm doing, f/u "

For some reason, my ex didn't unblock me but did defriend me. I subsequently blocked her, her family, and some of her friends (none that I was ever friends with) just because I didn't want to have any possibility of seeing something I didn't want to see or be tempted to via her friends.

I'm not friends with any of her friends but did introduce her to a lot of mine. She deleted all but 3, which is odd and I don't get her choice of who to delete. At any rate, because she is blocked, I won't be able to see if there is any activity from her on my friends' feeds or profiles, and that's how I want it.

Hurry up and delete her/block her. It will weigh on your mind for a little while but.... In the long run you will be glad. Stay off FB for a while. Don't post. If you want to keep up with your pals, private message. I have come to find, you never regret moving forward and protecting yourself. But if you lower your standard and leave yourself open for them to hurt you more, you will kick yourself.

Right now when you are healing it doesn't seem like you will ever get over it. But someday you will think of her and it won't hurt. You'll be glad to be rid of her. There's a saying I know men use but I think it applies to both sexes.... No matter how beautiful she is, someone is sick of f-ing her.

Hurry up and delete her/block her. It will weigh on your mind for a little while but.... In the long run you will be glad. Stay off FB for a while. Don't post. If you want to keep up with your pals, private message. I have come to find, you never regret moving forward and protecting yourself. But if you lower your standard and leave yourself open for them to hurt you more, you will kick yourself.

Right now when you are healing it doesn't seem like you will ever get over it. But someday you will think of her and it won't hurt. You'll be glad to be rid of her. There's a saying I know men use but I think it applies to both sexes.... No matter how beautiful she is, someone is sick of f-ing her.

HA! Love that saying.....

I did.... Like I said its been about a month. I still have bad days but there is now an overwhelming sense that I may have dodged a bullet here. Our relationship was very toxic, and being that way it was a surprise when it happened ( she replaced me right away) but one I just knew I could never put past her. She was a very needy individual who needed someone there to pick her up emotionally all the time. As pathetic as it sounds I feel bad for her even though she hurt me and burned me so bad. I don't want to end up feeling that way though. I'm tired of being so overly sensative about stuff like this. I feel like I should be raging at the moon, and I think that says something about me

I guess I'm trying to figure out why she did it, even though as you guys say I doesnt and shouldn't matter. I too feel like its just so she can give me a hypothetical, " look how great I'm doing, f/u "

This does not pertain to your question, but I'm amazed at how one sees Facebook as a tool to communicate either directly, or indirectly with an ex. OP, why not delete your Facebook account, and choose to not buy into this nonsense?

I hear what you are saying. FB is a double edged sword. It's been great to keepin contact with friends from distances and promote my small side biz but overall it is a social media nonsense factory I agree. I ultimately know blocking her was the right choice, I was just momentarily trying to get into her insight a to why after blocking me and moving forward with her (at least FB portrayed) " new wonderful life and partner" why she would unblock me unless it was to just toss humble pie in my face

why she would unblock me unless it was to just toss humble pie in my face

That would be my guess, as well. It looks like she's seeking a reaction from you in order to feed her ego. These are not the actions of someone who has your best interest at heart.

I hope you find your way...

It doesn't matter what she wants. She dumped and replaced you. Stop checking her on FB and checking to see if you're blocked by her or not. Move on with your life as if she is dead. I know it's not easy but you have to do it.

^^Agreed!!

BLOCK HER and move on. You don't need this cat and mouse game. If she has something to say to you, she'll find a way to say it.

My ex did the same, just this morning, she unblocked me. There's pics up of her and the new one, so I'm pretty sure she's hoping I get hurt. But after looking at them, I realized it doesn't sting as much anymore. In fact I edited the privacy on some of my posts to public so she can see I go out alot and I don't put depressing stuff up, just funny and cheerful things. It's been 3 months post break up and 3 weeks since she met this guy, so I doubt she feels much for him or him for her. She's just trying to spite me. I'm pretty sure this poor sap will quickly realize how psycho and unfaithful she is. So eff her and eff whatever lie she lives. Just realized this morning, I don't give a rat's a** anymore.

Archived