Who Will Join Me - 30 Day - Mind, Body and Soul Improvement.

Silverbirch

Hi,

I thought I might start this after some inspiration from the replies I got to the thread I started, "When Your Sparkle Fades". Well, I will be starting from modest beginnings today, and see what improvements have taken place. Anyone want to join in to share, inspire and encourage each other.

I will have to start with modest beginnings. Today I will read something that stretches my mind a little, I will take my dog for a walk by the river, and I will make a conscious effort to spend at least 20 minutes just living in the now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like an awesome idea, and I'm glad you're keeping your expectations realistic, manageable and attainable. Sounds like a great plan.

I'll also read up a bit on art (since it's my major from college) and try to relax for just a little bit since I tend to be high strung during the day.

Also, on a side note, Victoria, I'm also ADHD (I read your signature) and I find your message inspiring. I'm to the point where I honestly see ADHD as more of an empowerment than a hindrance. That doesn't mean it should be ignored, but it also isn't the worst thing to have and is more controllable than people think, although I realize each case is different.

This sounds like an awesome idea, and I'm glad you're keeping your expectations realistic, manageable and attainable. Sounds like a great plan.

I'll also read up a bit on art (since it's my major from college) and try to relax for just a little bit since I tend to be high strung during the day.

Also, on a side note, Victoria, I'm also ADHD (I read your signature) and I find your message inspiring. I'm to the point where I honestly see ADHD as more of an empowerment than a hindrance. That doesn't mean it should be ignored, but it also isn't the worst thing to have and is more controllable than people think, although I realize each case is different.

My son and my husband have ADHD. I tell them both that they are not a disease but just learn differently and think differently than main stream and that is okay.

Read a book called The Edison Gene. That will help you to feel better about yourself too.

Yeah, here I am.

Going to sign up for this, and then turn off the computer for a while and concentrate on something I have been procrastinating on for quite a long time. Give it at least an hour tonight. I would be satisfied with that.

And then go to bed at a good time to wake up refreshed tomorrow. I've been worrying about something BUT instead of doing that tonight I'm going to do this.

I think a special bath is in order too.

Looking forward to bringing my sparkle back this month. Really, c'mon sparkle!!

Count me in.

My doctor decided since I'm adopted with an unknown genetic history - he will treat me as if I have a genetic predisposition to heart disease and thus, gave me a "healthy lifestyle" article and food proportion guidelines to follow and adjust to.

And in support of it, I finally, after years of being in the worst shape of my life, joined a nearby health club.

My first yoga class is tomorrow - so this thread couldn't be better timed to keep me motivated.

Does this mean i have to get up off my butt, stay away from the computer....and detach myself from eNA?

sigh....

eh....it's 2 in the morning...i guess i should go to bed. I want to evict everyone from my house (kids and their many, many friends.....who smoke pot....etc.)

I need to get my act together. Then maybe i can sparkle!!!

Im in!

Want to let go of everything that was dragging me down for the last 8 years, accumulating like a snowball.

I was a clown, a meek creature, a rebel, I tried to fit in a lot of skins just to find myself, or to get to know myself better, and now I just want to be me.

This is exciting!!! I didn't think so many people would join. Well, I have been for a LOONG walk by the river with my dog, and then when we got home, I gave him a long bath so he is snow white in most places again now and smells a lot better. Then of course, I needed another bath for myself so I am clean and scented up with my favourite aromas right now - pink grapefruit and sitting here in my towelling dressing gown. I even got a bit of a suntan when I went for the walk. Oh, before the walk, I went to a nice little street cafe. I had my dog with me and a nice lady nearby struck up a conversation with me. She had travelled a fair way to come to a Xmas party and said she especially comes to that cafe because they make the best lemon meringue pie than anywhere she knows so next time, I will try it.

I listened to nature sounds today, and it was beautiful. Mostly birds, but later in the day, heard some noisey ?cycattas. Now I can hear crickets.

My sister has sent me a dvd she has made on my mother's life so I will be watching that late tonight. I'm a bit undecided about what to read to expand my mind. A friend gave me a book I haven't read yet which is written by Stuart Wilde, and I know she liked it a lot.

None of what we do has to be anything truly major. I think tomorrow, for my body, I will make sure I drink at least 2 litres of water.

Yes, I am feeling much more relaxed and happy after that walk outdoors, pampering my pooch and then a nice bath.

Okay everyone, tell me what are doing or would like to do.

Just a little reminder of something helpful to me which costs nothing - go through your wardrobe, get rid of clothes which no longer fit or suit, and send the rest to the good will store. I am still in the process of doing this, and it's quite amazing because I found clothes which I forgot about which I like and have hardly worn. Just these last few days, I have been wearing them, and it helps me feel better and others have noticed.

I'll bet at least some of you are like me in that my bathroom cupboards are just filled with things I have bought and hardly used. Today, I found this non-surgical facelift treatment - it's called something like "Petite Lift Serum". I paid a heap for it around 2 years ago,and had used it once. I used it today, and it is still okay. I know that there are much cheaper but effective serums which give an instant life such as "Mrs Palmers" which I am certain would be under $20. I found Eye Essential Eye Lift which I also forgot I had. I also hadn't been wearing much makeup, but have started again wearing lipstick, and on me, that makes a big difference. People have commented thinking I am wearing makeup, but so far, it has only been lipstick.

When I was looking on my bookshelf, I found books I bought and haven't read. I was tidying my cd's and found favourite music I haven't listened to in a long time.

Please, can anyone expand on this list. Thanks

I am doing the same with my clothes now! I have too many coats and jackets, so I donated everything I had and I will sell a couple of new ones on-line.

Had this obsession before, when I bought a lot of make-up, but I barely use it, it just feels like I have dirt in my face. The only thing I use is a eye-brow pencil anв some lip balm.

The same with nail polish. Have a ton but cant ware it! The minute I put it on I want to take it off and have my bare nail again! Need to get rid of all of it, probably...

I try to go for a walk everyday. It is good for the body and the mind. It puts you in the here and now and brings relaxation.

Every night I listen to a podcast from UCLA called Yoga Nidra. It is an ancient form of meditation. You don't have to listen to it at night you can listen to it at any time of day. And 30 minutes worth they say is worth three hours of deep sleep.

I also listen to another podcast , Forgive to Win. It is 29 sessions by psychiatrist and is designed to teach you to stop self sabotaging yourself.

Hey Larls,

I haven't been yet, but near where I live is a group of women who meet every so often and they have evenings where they bring along clothes, jewelry, household items, whatever, that they want to exchange. I'll have to find out when they are doing the next swap.

One thing I really am in need off, but haven't had for years is a professional facial with deep cleanse to get rid of blackheads. There is a young woman I work with who is Indian-born and she has told me about Indian beauty parlours scattered about the city near to wear I live. They are less than half the price of western salons. I had a look online at them tonight, and I will definitely go.

Well, I have to wait a couple of hours for my mind, body and soul commitments for the new day, but I already have a good idea of what I will do for my soul. It will be nice - it's to do with my family.

Hi and Thanks Vic. You have reminded me that I have a budhist meditation CD still in the plastic wrapper - I bought it 2 years ago, and haven't gotten around to using it.

Larls, somebody gave me a budhist prayer bowl - you mean a little brass thing that makes a tinging sound with a metal stick?

I use Tibetan Singing Bowls for each chakra when I meditate.

I also stretch using these same tracks sometimes, they are very relaxing and they help me breath smoothly without thinking about it too much.

oh fabulous ....I have been promising myself one for sooooooooo long ...and there are so many different ones and different sizes etc .....I think that might be on the shopping list .

if anyone is interested in these , just google tibetan singing bowls , there are so many online and you can read about them .

Archived