I'm dating this guy I really don't like. Advice?

nyx1216

I've been dating this guy for about 3weeks now (I think) and I really just don't like him. Origanally, I started dating him thinking that I might actually have feelings for him, but I also needed a sort of 'rebound' relationship in order for my parents to forget about my first and previous boyfriend who I still have very strong feelings for. Now, I'm just pretending that I at least tolerate this relationship I have thrust myself into. Also, he's told my friends that he thinks he loves me! As you can tell, I do not share those feeling. What should i do?

Break up with him. If he is telling people after only three weeks that he loves you (to friends) he is moving too fast. I would break up and tell him that you don't think you are quite over your ex and you need to not see anyone for awhile. It is not fair to himfor you to continue.

Also, if you are seeing a guy so your FOLKS forget about your boyfriend, you are too concerned about your folks and you DO NOT need a rebound. You need to hang out with platonic same gender friends and you need to be by yourself to heal.

Break up with him. If he is telling people after only three weeks that he loves you (to friends) he is moving too fast. I would break up and tell him that you don't think you are quite over your ex and you need to not see anyone for awhile. It is not fair to himfor you to continue.

Also, if you are seeing a guy so your FOLKS forget about your boyfriend, you are too concerned about your folks and you DO NOT need a rebound. You need to hang out with platonic same gender friends and you need to be by yourself to heal.

Before I say what I'm going to say, know I am not disagreeing with you, just presenting further facts.

The previous relationship was ended because my parents believed we were moving too fast for our age, since we are both still in high school. They never really liked him and we are both mature for our age. That being said, we should have slowed down even without my parents intervening (I'm terrible when it comes to spelling, sorry.). Also, the two of us have talked recently and have made it clear that we still have very strong feelings for each other.

I do agree, though, that I probably should stay single for awhile, at least until everything with my family calms down and I figure everything out that needs to be delt with.

Break it off already. Life is too short to date someone you don't like. Alos it's not fair to him since it's pretty certain he wouldn't want to date you if he knew how you felt. You're better off to stay single, move through the breakup and figure out what and who you do want to date before rushing into dating Mr. Wrong for You.

I don't think we need to tell you what the right thing to do is, you obviously already know. Dating someone you don't like and have to 'tolerate' doesn't make any sense. It isn't fair to them, and it isn't fair to you. Break it off before they get anymore feelings or you'll wind up hurting them more and that isn't fair.

As for your ex who you still have feelings for, I'm not understanding why you two can't date but just take things at a slow pace? Obviously your parents are okay with you dating in general, just trying to understand why you can't date your ex. Unless you were planning to run off, leave school and get pregnant right away, not sure why you can't work on taking a relationship slow.

If that is TOTALLY out of the picture then I would say break up with the new guy ASAP and stay single for a while. Best of luck.

As far as your ex, we all believe we are more mature than everyone else in high school. And if you are in the younger years of high school and are getting way too serious like talking about marriage or not developing friendships with other people at all or your grades were suffering, then I agree with mom and dad that you need to cool it off. If you still have feelings for your first boyfriend, then fine. Maybe you can date again if you have some balance and spend time with friends, etc. and aren't so fixated on eachother. They just don't want to see your heart broken eventually and feel like you wasted high school.

Don't date this guy to make your parents happy - go out with FRIENDS and do extracurriculars instead.

Archived