How can I stop feeling so insecure

pinkpolish903

He started trying to get to know me, flirt, hang out, with me just a few weeks after they had broken up. We didn't actually start dating until a few weeks before he left for the summer, to a place where his ex lived. The day he left, he told me that he wanted to go back to being just friends so that he could get closure with this girl. He said the way they left things were weird and messy.

I have been upset because when we started dating, he said that he loved me and wanted to marry me, but then broke things off with me. He said he wanted to make sure there wasn't any baggage left, but he also said that he didn't want to set a date for when we could be together. He said we should wait until the end of the summer and see what happens. I felt rejected and I still question whether he is with me just because I am here and she is far away.

Well, I woulden't be too worried about it, she is aware and has acknowledged that you two are together. She is probably happy for him which is why she is liking the photos. If she likes every single one of them, I guess that is weird, and I can understand your concern.

Yes, it's been every single one. Not that there have been many, just a handful.

So why is this ex who he left you for still in the wings??

"oh, we are just friends now" - is that what you are getting??

He says that she's just someone he knows. I don't think they are really in contact with each other at all. I saw an email from her once. She wanted him to pass on some information to someone they both knew but she didn't have the contact info for. I mean, now that I think about it, she could have asked others. He also texted her once to see if she was ok when something happened at the place where she worked.

Archived