Okay, i'm brand new to this so here goes....

My names Cory and I'm 24 years old and I've recently started dating a new girl (sabrina)... well she has a back story that seems to not just be the past....

Months ago she was living and dating a boy and they were both living at his parents, well the ex's father who was not in a good place shot and killed himself, and Sabrina was the one who heard the gunshot and came upon him first. I understand this is a traumatic experience and is a whole lot for anyone, let alone a 20 year old, to cope. Sabrina and her ex were in the process of breaking up, from what I've been told, but after the death the mother and ex kicked her out the next day. I met her about a month later, we clicked and its been amazing. but she was close with her exs sister who is 10 and she doesn't fully understand and just lost her father, so she is reaching out to Sabrina. Well Sabrina is being riddled with mood spells and its all really starting to hit her.

I'm not the type she's dated in the past, I have a great job and i travel for a living.. so that a realm of unfamiliarity to me in her eyes, with being more mature and self-saficent. Im from WV and she is From GA, we still see each other quite often, but long distance relationship are a hard a tedious undertaking.

well i know she is still slowing but surly getting all her items from there house and i was just informed that Sabrina and her friend Brandy were going to see the exs mother and sister. I've given Sabrina her space and just trying to be curious about the whole thing, without being demanding or intrusive... but what should i be doing, what should i not be doing? how can i help, is she even over him... i need some help and advice!!!

Thanks everyone, and have a great day!

Cory

No offense to either of you but it should be obvious this girl is not ready to date. She needs a therapist, not a boyfriend. Please put your hormones aside and just be a friend. Talk to her if she calls but encourage her to get therapy and lean on her family.

Archived