Can't stop thinking about her lately!

So it's been 8 months since my ex and I have been apart (it's our 4th break up) and 3 weeks since we last spoke...typical conversation that we've had since talking off and on since July...me telling her i miss her alot, she telling me she misses me too, talk about special memories we had, her continuing to stress that we should move on, ect...don't even know why she even responds to me whenever i text her if shes claims we should move on, she obviously still has my number...i've decided i need to stop initiating contact and chasing her, no matter how badly i want to hear from and speak to her, i can't keep initiating, i have to let go of that now...half of me is doing ok, and the other half is missing her and thinking about her immensely, and it sucks...it sucks not hearing from and speaking to someone who was such an important part of your life, just wishing that she'd initiate some contact with you just to at least see how you are, yet not holding out too much hope or expecting too much from her anymore...i'm sure i'll hear from her soon sometime down the line, but i can't and don't want to wait around anymore, despite her being on my mind daily!

I feel that the initial days of nc are the worst. You have to keep yourself busy. Because really the constant contact is what makes you miss her. It's like these little snippets of communication are like crack. You keep jonesing for more!

It's hard but you can only move on if you stop talking to her. I remember one of my first relationship ended and I could not NOT contact him. I just wasn't dealing with it well at all. Looking back it was downright embarrassing! Where was my pride, my self respect? IDK but I was hurting myself by contacting him. He wasn't doing anything, I was the one that refused to go away!

Many years and some relationships later, I can tell you this: it hurts like hell but anyone can get over anyone. It just takes time and getting the f away from them! It takes time but you will heal, you will move on, you will look back and think "what was I thinking?!?!?"

It's like that song--- they just become someone you used to know and that is not as bad as it sounds. Honest. You grow and move on and believe it or not you reach a point where you really don't care. I know as I type this, even I am thinking no way about my most recent ex... But it's been 3 weeks. I am not a heartless b word. I care! But as time marches on and puts more and more distance between us, this will change.

Keep posting here but ignore your ex. And then right around the time you forget her, she will call you.

i feel like this is pretty much my second round of NC because we despite still being friends on facebook and liking each others statuses and posts sometimes, we went the first two months of this break up without speaking to one another, and i was waiting and hoping for her to initiate contact and things to jump start between us again like they had in our previous break ups and when two months went when she hadn't really initiated anything, i decided to, and she responded, every time i contacted her, even though she did stress the whole moving on thing almost every time we talked, but we even met up once in August and it was her idea, and it was a nice night...i guess i'm disappointed in both her and myself...in myself for having as much hope as i did in previous break ups and thinking it'd be just like those ones where we'd be back together, and in her for responding to me all the times i did contact her, her telling me she misses me too, telling me how wonderful i am still, how high of standards of set, and for wanting to meet up with me once, yet not wanting to try again (basically all those mixed signals)...and with all that, i give up on chasing after her, i tried and tried to make things work...

Archived