Asked her after 7 months

teeth212

Hi,

We were in a relationship for almost a year. Then she broke it off because she lost the feeling of love. Now, its been 7 months since the breakup.

We still stayed in minimal contact. Of late, we started talking a lot - more calls and more messages. So, I thought this could be a chance and asked her if she wants to try something out. She says no and sees me only as a friend.

Am again disappointed. Am not sure if I should continue this or not. Mind keeps flickering between not wasting time behind her and not giving up on her. Please advice.

Me: 27

She: 25

Cheers!!

Well, you asked and she responded that she only considers you a friend. So now that you have the information what are you going to do with it? It doesn't seem you are satisfied with having only friendship, and that is all she is willing to offer so I don't see any benefit in keeping contact, minimal or not, with her.

Cut off contact with her because you want something more than friends and she doesn’t. She won’t change her mind either. That’s why a lot of people on these threads preach to go full blown no contact. Because to help people prevent themselves from ending up in situations like this. They don’t want to be with you and theres nothing anybody can do to change their mind. We’re not trying to be mean when we push the no contact. We tell it like it is to help everybody heal faster. I’m sorry this happened to you but I would suggest you just stick with no contact PERIOD. And yes, forever. Move forward in your life. The only thing you can take with you is the closure. You know for sure she didn’t make a mistake breaking it off with you. That should be liberating. Pick yourself back up and dust off your shoulders. I got a biiig feeling you’re gonna end up meeting somebody way better. I don’t know why. Maybe its because you’re a courageous individual and will attract an intrigued individual. Best of luck!

It hurts to hear, but I do not think she will change her mind. For your sanity you need to go no contact with her if you still have feelings for her. With where your feelings are at this point, it will be too difficult to remain friends with someone who no longer feels the same way toward you. I am sorry to hear how much you are hurting, but for your sanity you need to cut contact and start moving forward without her.

It sounds like you still have feelings for her and it isn’t fair to keep in touch hoping that she will change her mind when she at this point in time only wants to be friends. She seems to like you as a person and wants to stay in touch which means you have a lot to offer—My relationship advice to you is focus your energy on meeting new people and finding someone who has mutual affections for you-You deserve this

Archived