How do you get to know a guy?

curlywurly 16

I have started going to this youth club for a few mouths now and there is this guy from the band who keeps staring at me, I catch him looking at me and he looks away but sometimes when I catch him he maintains his eye contact and so do I until one of us breaks away I usually look at the ground.

I wanted to be in the band not just to get to know him but because I also love singing so me and my friend volunteered, he supported me a lot and gave me compliments, well everyone did but he did the most. When he was talking he seemed to elongate the eye contact, it wasn't awkward it felt special,that was the first time we spoke and that happened 2 weeks ago and then last week I decided I needed another excuse to talk to him so I thought of an idea; make a survey about films so I get to know what films he likes I pretended it was for my film studies course but it was purely based to get to know him, I obviously asked other people to make it seem normal then I asked him and he likes the films I like and I thanked him for answering the questions he kept extending the eye contact just like before. I have used that method to get to know what films he likes but I don't know how to communicate with him again I can't keep asking him to do surveys I don't know how to talk him, I love video games and I know he plays them because I saw him playing Fifa which is not my favourite game I like horror, action and adventure games, but how can I get to know him if we have only spoken a couple of times?

Figure out something to talk to him about, to get the conversation going. You know what films he likes, is there something there you could talk about? Ask him if he likes some of the video games you like, where he goes to school, where he works, does he play any other instruments, bands he likes, what else he does for fun, etc. and then take it from there. Best of luck!

That's how you start it...when you see him, smile, say hey how's it going? He answers, then ask so where do you work? or go to school? or you ever play such and such video game? And hopefully the conversation has begun.

I know what to talk about, its just starting the conversation thats the problem.

You really don't need an awesome, ground breaking subject to talk about. Almost anything will seem interesting if you're enthusiastic, smile, and are playful. Commenting about the weather can turn into a fun conversation if you are playful about it and don't put a lot of pressure on yourself. Be spontaneous.

To quote a famous poster that we had in our dorm in college..."show up naked...bring beer." lol!

On a more serious note...it already sounds like this guy is into you!! I think jjkk hit it on the nose, that's how I would approach it. I love when girls take the initiative, especially if I'm already into them, and I honestly think this guy is Good luck!

Archived