How to stop calling your ex?

Skeddy

How do i stop wanting to talk to my ex. I miss her. I miss having her in my life. I would do anything to see her but whenever we get back together its a disaster. We don't work well together as much as we try.

We have split up but i can't stop wanting to talk to her. What can i do? I am trying to move on but i can't get past her.

Another option: call or text someone else instead. When I went NC w/ someone I had a few friends who knew and I just said any time I wanted to text or call him, I'd call them instead, just to give my hands something to do and say what I wanted to say. Always felt better afterwards. Good luck.

My last breakup (during the summer) had an extremely rough ending and I also needed to stop talking to him - I changed his name in my phone from "Joe" to 'he makes you cry'. For me, sending a message to 'he makes you cry' was an amazing deterrent because any message/call/breadcrumb was only going to make me cry again! So I stopped talking to him and as a result, I stopped crying and I was able to move on successfully.

My last breakup (during the summer) had an extremely rough ending and I also needed to stop talking to him - I changed his name in my phone from "Joe" to 'he makes you cry'. For me, sending a message to 'he makes you cry' was an amazing deterrent because any message/call/breadcrumb was only going to make me cry again! So I stopped talking to him and as a result, I stopped crying and I was able to move on successfully.

Wow! this is a really good idea! I think I will do this too!

I would call my friends every time I wanted to call my ex. Even though your friends are understanding to your pain, there comes a point when their patience starts to get thin. What has helped me was to write 'why do you want someone who doesn't want you?" and I posted it where I could see it to remind myself. Try to stay busy and focus on improving yourself. The urge to contact will pass and you can pat yourself on the back for getting through the day. One day at a time... it is incredibly hard but why call someone who has shown through your need to contact will just hurt and reject you again?

Archived