Having a strange feeling lately, is it worth the risk..

Casmut

I posted something sorta similar recently about this, but things have changed a little bit.

I started dating this girl sometime in early October. Things have been pretty amazing thus far, we have a great time together, see each other once or twice a week. The sex is amazing, and we have all kinds of events planned. I just came off an anti-dating episode, things were incredible and seemingly have gotten better once that episode ended when I met this new girl.

We spent Friday and a little bit of Saturday together, another great time..However I woke up today with a very odd gut feeling. I feel a bit upset, for no reason whatsoever. I feel vulnerable, and also feel the desire to want to spend more time with her. Yet at the same time another part of me is saying "No, don't bother with her, don't text or call her, go back to your life before". I think I have actually fallen for this girl, I don't know how this happened. I'm usually a cold steel wall, she has somehow managed to damage that wall. Its freaking me out.

Is it possible to feel this strongly about someone so quickly, what happened to me -_-

Because you are feeling vulnerable...the "falling" stage is scaring the bejesus out of you. You are remembering that with love/vulnerability comes the possibility of being hurt.

Remind yourself that this one IS NOT your crazy ex, and try and live in the moment and not over think the future. Its only been 2 months.

I don't think I love her, but maybe have deep feelings. Can't describe it, but I like the idea of being with her. Heck I hate texting but love to text with her.

I'm brutally scared of getting hurt again, sometimes I feel that shes to good for me..

It is way to early to know if it is love. But if being with her, texting her...makes you happy, then kwwp doing it. You are likely infatuated... and that is fun! Its okay to share your feelings regarding the relationship... that you really enjoy her, but that part of you is scared.

I've told her that I really enjoy her company, she tells me that she loves spending time with me no matter what we do. Everything has been pretty mutual so far.

Infatuation is probably the word I'm looking for, it can be fun but its scaring the hell out of me. It's kinda ruined my Sunday so far, thank god tomorrow's Monday.. yes I just went there.

I think it's possible to feel strongly about someone very quickly. The trick is to correctly identify those feelings. There is usually some infatuation involved in attraction. Too much though can be dangerous. If you don't make the effort to bond and connect early, once the infatuation is gone, you will be left with nothing. I am not saying this only infatuation. But it sounds like it can be playing a part. Feeling strongly quickly is usually a sign of infatuation. Infatuation can also blind us to a partner's shortcomings. We idealize them and minimize their negatives.

I think we all get that vulnerable feeling. We have to make a call on that. Do we trust and jump in, or back off. I think it's best to ultimately come to a decision before you get too far down the road.

Sounds totally normal. After getting hurt it is very difficult to open yourself up to the possibility of getting hurt again. But being a "cold steel wall" is not exactly a healthy way to be. Yeah, it could just be an infatuation that will wear off in time. Or not. Just try to enjoy the moment and the good feelings without losing your head.

I am currently in an "anti-dating episode" myself, so I'll live vicariously through you. Good luck.

I dunno the cold steel wall part of me has been protecting me for sometime, it made things better for me... especially at work. Another day and again I come home from work to feel completely agitated. I had a great day till I walked through my door. What is causing this disappointing feeling. Also her and I haven't talked today.. which is a little odd.

Archived