Positivity thread!Focusing on yourself

Hi everyone! As a recent dumpee, I found this site extremely helpful and reading other people's stories helps a lot. But on the other hand, I've come to a conclusion that it makes me overanalyse everything and that certainly won't help me heal. So I thought here we could post different things that we do during the day or plan to do. TO FOCUS ON OURSELVES! For example, right now I'm gonna make myself tea and start writing 50 things that I like about myself.

Today is my birthday! So it's all about me. Still, can't help but feel a bit down that he hasn't contacted me today and probably won't... But there's still a lot of things to be positive about!

-I've lost 30 lbs since the break-up! Wow!

-I've been hanging out with a lot of people I haven't in a long time, rekindling friendships that I let go to seed during the break-up

-I feel I've learned about myself and my habits from the break-up... The next relationship I'm in will be much better for it, no matter who it's with

-I'm going back to school for the Spring session, and I have a plan about what to do with my life now-- much excitement

I'm sure there's more, but on the smaller side, I've also been pampering myself a lot more lately. There's nothing quite like reading in a bubble bath when it's chilly outside...

Happy Birthday to you, nice to see someone doing well. Regarding birthday texts, I'm sure my ex won't contact me when I have my birthday in a month's time.

Well, I wasn't thinking he would, but he reached out for the first time in 2 months on Thanksgiving, so I guess it got my hopes up a bit... But oh well.

Great idea for a thread Silversoul!

Happy birthday MissSunny

Today I am going for a walk, then making a list of activities I can try now that i have lost 36kgs(70ish lbs?) And woooohoooo no more back pain!

Didnt focus on myself for three years... lots to catch up on

Hope more people post their positive focus here

wow that's a lot of weight, what kind of activities are you planning to try?

I went for a run and did laundry today

Me too...High five for laundry! Today i picked up the same amount of lost kilos just to remind myself...good feeling to achieve small and big goals alike.

Skydiving booked! Judo, kayaking, and deep sea fishing are on the shortlist of big ideas.

wow that's a lot of weight, what kind of activities are you planning to try?

I went for a run and did laundry today

unfortunately, most of the things I wanna try to do cost money, and I'm kind of strapped for cash atm... So these plans have to be on hiatus. But I do hope to take up yoga, take some kick boxing lessons. I want to learn parkour, and I'm REALLY interested in doing some roller derby. I'd also like to get into rock climbing... The indoor kind. I'm not quite daring enough for outdoor rock climbing, yet. Plus I dont' think there's any good places for it around where I live.

and it IS a fair amount of weight, but I still have a ways to go. I plan on fitting into the clothes I wore in high school again.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived