It does get better!

I was just like you, sitting at home, crying everyday, driving by her house, looking at everything on social media hoping for a chance that she wants you back. It took about 7 months, but I am over her. Of course I still think about her everyday, but I no longer miss her, I miss being in a relationship. I can now tell stories about us to my friends and no longer feel sad about missing her.

The two biggest things to me that made me realize I am over her was driving past a special place ( trust me there was tons of them) and I don't think of her, over the memory doesn't pop up in my head. The second thing is I can listen to those songs about breaking up, and I no longer cry, I sing my heart out to them and laugh at how I use to be when I hear those songs.

I did everything wrong after she left me. I called her constantly, talked to her friends, wrote her poems, threatened to hurt my self, I even went into her house and left a bunch of gifts on her bed. I now realize how silly that is, and I can laugh about it!

I can't tell you how long it will take, but eventually you will think of them less and less. I use to think she was perfect and I was nothing without her. I recently learned that the girl that used to get straight A's is now in academic support classes, while I just got a national honors award that only 3000 people In the entire country get, and I have an amazing future ahead of me due to me working my ass off.

These boards won't provide a magical way to get them back. For the most part they will tell you what won't work. No one can make you choose which way you go, do your own thing and make mistakes in trying to get them back. If you are anything like me, you will eventually laugh apt what you were doing.

My only advice is to try and find your calling. For me I found two. Before we broke up I was an occasional hunter, now I just love being out in the wilderness, even if I do not shoot anything, I found the beauty of the wild. The other thing I love to do is to just get in my car and drive. Find that CD that will ease your mind. For me I found peace driving thru western Wisconsin towards my family cabin listening to Bob Seger greatest hits ( try it, I guarantee one song will resonate with you)

I'm sitting home alone on a Friday night at 20 years old, and I'm good. I know I'll be alright, and I promise so will you. I don't know how long it will take for you to get over your ex, but you will! You don't believe me, I know you don't, but sometime in the future you will just being busy one day, and all of the sudden it will just hit you, your over your ex. I wish you the best in your healing, and may god bless you!

Seriously, man that was awesome. I can't say enough great things about this post. I'm 18 months post breakup and mostly don't feel the blues but I can think back to those times I was so sad, I'd just play non-sense on my piano for hours, hoping the sleeping pills would kick in so I could get some sleep that night... waiting for myself to feel numb. I'm so past that and yet its hard to believe now that I look back on it.

I'm glad you're doing better and I second your sentiment. It does get better

Very good

I'm still trudging along.. month 7 here..almost 8..*sigh*. I am not over him.. this'll take me a while...

One day at a time is how i'm going. Working on ME. Trying to keep busy & do other things. Carry on I will.

Glad to hear YOU are getting better.

All the best

tc

Love this post!

Iamscrewed... I was in your position 8 months ago... trust me it goes by slowly and fast. When you reach this point you'll be so much happier but the first few months are ROUGH! You'll make it. We all did.

Love this post!

Iamscrewed... I was in your position 8 months ago... trust me it goes by slowly and fast. When you reach this point you'll be so much happier but the first few months are ROUGH! You'll make it. We all did.

Doesn't it? hindsight puts everything into perspective! it's crazy to think "wow... I can't believe I was reduced to that...." lol, i really just laugh at it and while driving through certain areas I think... "i remember walking down that street crying" HAHAHAHAHA, I honestly find it hilarious now. While you're going through it though it definitely feels like an eternity and it really is a b.... I'm not out of the woods yet but definitely working on it (I'm 8 months post BU tomorrow).

I can relate completely to this thread, its been 4 months for me and I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still think about us every single day but it doesn't consume my life as much as it use to, even when I try to cry in order to get it out of my system its like my body and mind is telling me its not worth it because I struggle to! Although I feel lost at times because I don't necessarily miss her but more the idea of being in a relationship with someone because single life can feel empty and very lonely at times...especially now that I'm on holidays for 3 months...I just keep telling myself to be patient because I believe everything happens for a reason. I just wish my life would fastforward to a much happier time lol

Archived