Feeling stuck... need some advice

lovepugs86

Brief summary: I'm 27 years old, graduated from college in May, work part time, single, lives at home. Lately I've been feeling very down and depressed about how life has been for me. I went through a rough breakup last year and am still struggling to fully let it go, been trying to find a job related to my field since I graduated but have had no luck... been wanting to move out and gain some independence, but obviously working part time it's not possible unless I find two roommates. I don't want this to turn into a complaining post, but I'm in need of some guidance. I pray about it, but nothing seems to be changing... I really feel stuck and I don't believe that life should be this mediocre. Any advice? And please don't be cruel or negative....

I'm assuming you believe in God since you said you pray, so I'm going to give my take on the situation.

Maybe the right career has not come along for you yet. Maybe God is holding out the best for you. The timing may not be right on a relationship right now... If you got into a relationship right now, it possibly wouldn't work out since you still have some feelings for your ex. I know it's hard and it seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, but trust in God that He will get you through this. Pray for strength and guidance and He will lead you, even if He seems absent at the moment. God is always there and always wants the best for you. It's all about God's perfect timing.

Brief summary: I'm 27 years old, graduated from college in May, work part time, single, lives at home. Lately I've been feeling very down and depressed about how life has been for me. I went through a rough breakup last year and am still struggling to fully let it go, been trying to find a job related to my field since I graduated but have had no luck... been wanting to move out and gain some independence, but obviously working part time it's not possible unless I find two roommates. I don't want this to turn into a complaining post, but I'm in need of some guidance. I pray about it, but nothing seems to be changing... I really feel stuck and I don't believe that life should be this mediocre. Any advice? And please don't be cruel or negative....

First off, join the club. Secondly, you may want to find a job which pays more or offers more hours, not everyone is going to find a job related to their field. One of my friends was a an art and design major in college, now she's a cook. My sister studied psychology, now she does medical billing. Or you can try to keep studying and get your masters degree, its what i want to do once i graduate and look for internships or volunteer work related to your field of study.

One thing i can tell you, it requires a lot of work. Imagine that looking for this job is like finding a needle in a haystack, the more you look the better off you are at finding it. Also, try different venues of search, have your researched any of the companies which you are interested in? Do you know what types of companies hire the position you are looking into, what are the requirements for those positions, i could go on and on.

Are you in the best market for your line of work? Often, to stay in the field you want, you have to be willing to move.

Do you have any financial reserves, or can you borrow from your parents so you can move to another city if you were to get a full-time job there?

Archived