Should I text my Ex back while in a relationship ?

Yes, I have a boyfriend- of 3 1/2 years.

How it started:

My Ex texted my mom Wednesday asking for our potato salad recipe and asking how I was (random lol I know).

So I figured it was okay to ask him for his step mom's recipe for scalloped potatoes (haha). Believe it or not, this wasn't flirty at all ok my end - I really love those potatoes...

We ended up texting back and forth several times ending me with saying I can get his gf discounted merchandise from the company I work for and them some VIP passes to events.

Yesterday I noticed he posted something on Instagram and tagged everyone except his gf (oooh nooo.. Xp)

This morning I woke up at 6 from a text saying "jw why do you still talk to me?"

Keep in mind me and this guy dated for 2 years til I was a senior in hs and him his freshman year in college. Now we're 22/23.

I'm afraid I stirred up his feelings for me again and he got in a fight over me with his girl.

I have no intentions of getting back with him and there is no attraction towards him whatsoever.

Should I even text back- what should I say?

I'd either not respond or say something like "since we've both moved on there's no reason not to be friendly" and leave it at that. I wouldn't assume him and his gf are fighting. An alternative is to say something like "I was happy to catch up now that we've both moved on and are happy in new relationships. I appreciate the recipe and wish you and (gf) happy holidays and a happy new year". That'll keep things clear and also close the door to further communication. I wouldn't keep talking to him while you have a serious bf and no feelings for him. There's nothing good that could come of it.

No. Don't text him back. That's introducing his energy into your relationship with your current boyfriend which doesn't belong there.

Google scalloped potatoes--there are a ton of recipes for anything you'd ever want to cook. No need to ask him for anything.

What I don't understand is why if he texted your mum are you getting involved? You say you have no intention of getting him back. Shouldn't you have just left the communication between him and your mum?

He's already had issues with his gf because of this, have a heart and stop communicating with him. I don't see what you're getting from this!!

Don't text back, drop it and back away fast. He's an ex and you do not need this kind of hassle, listen to savignon and Kendahke, they are totally right on this one. Exes who insert themselves into your life suddenly for little or no reason are the cause of more upsets and relationship problems than I can even begin to count. Don't walk down that path. Tell your current SO about it and tell him you feel weird about the whole mess and won't be contacting or responding to the ex again. And then don't. Ever.

I'd either not respond or say something like "since we've both moved on there's no reason not to be friendly" and leave it at that. I wouldn't assume him and his gf are fighting. An alternative is to say something like "I was happy to catch up now that we've both moved on and are happy in new relationships. I appreciate the recipe and wish you and (gf) happy holidays and a happy new year". That'll keep things clear and also close the door to further communication. I wouldn't keep talking to him while you have a serious bf and no feelings for him. There's nothing good that could come of it.

This ^^. Depending also on how the relationship ended. If it ended in a respectful manner I would probably respond explaining clearly myself. But then again, I would never have put myself in this situation to begin with. I find it very odd that you contacted him if you really had no feelings for him and somewhat careless regarding both your bf and your ex.

Archived