Jealous Best Friend of Girl I'm Dating

imtriguy2010

I've been going out with this girl for about a month now. We've had a great time every time we've gone out and things are beginning to progress. One of the things she enjoys is yoga and since my flexibility is terrible, I told her I'd take a class with her. Class was awesome. We joked about it yesterday and had even asked about why I hadn't put the results on Facebook. She thought is was hilarious that I put on there that I was taking it and so many people had made funny comments about it. So I told her that if I put it on there, I was going to "tag" her and I did. Last night, I got a text from her saying that maybe tagging her was a bad idea because we have a mutual coworker who we don't want to know we are going out. I thought it was her. Nope, apparently it was someone else. It was a girl I dated 6-8 months ago, apparently. She told me that a mutual friend of theirs had been contacted by this girl asking some very inappropriate questions - especially since they didn't know each other. With this being the case, I contacted the girl via FB. We had no ill feelings towards each other so I wasn't concerned. She told me their friend was the one who contacted her to ask about me and she told him everything about us (which was nothing). She even mentioned that once we decided that it was best for us to be friends, we went camping but it was strictly plutonic. She also sent me a text between her and him when he said my girl wanted to know if she dated me? She had no idea that I knew this girl! So after all this, the texts between my girl and me went from several sentences with smiley face to one word answers. How should I handle this? I know it sounds a little jumbled and may be hard to understand. Sorry. Thanks for any advice.

Assign initials to the names so it's easier to follow who is who. Apart from the guy, I don't know which female friends you're talking about, so it's hard to figure that out.

What I could glean from this is: I wouldn't let some busy body intimidate you from being open with your friends about the new person in your life. If he has something to say about the matter, then he needs to be a man and step to you and say it, not be a little punk, hiding behind skirts trying to stay hidden.

I also don't understand living in fear of the mutual co worker--if she's not your wife, then screw her. You don't owe her anything.

There are too many people you and this new woman have allowed to get in the middle of your relationship for no good reason. If you're going to date by committee permission, then you just need to stop dating.

Gotcha. To me, it just sounds like he is trying to stir up trouble (which isn't there). Personally I think he's jealous. The problem is that she has known him for a year or so and has only known me for a month. Even though we've had a great time, it's definitely not enough time to build the trust level yet.

About the coworker - I don't care if she finds out. She was the one who originally tried to set us up and just gets on both of our nerves. It's more for convenience than anything else. Besides, the coworker is friends with my girl on FB too so if she sees it, that's fine. I don't care.

Archived