tmp081614

One of my friends has this girlfriend. They have been together a year now, but broke up a few months ago for a sort time and are now back together. She is insanely jealous of ANY woman who speaks/texts/sees my friend. It was grinding him into the ground, her constant checking up on him that that is why they broke up. I fail to understand why he even got back with her, as he has said himself before that he does not see a future with her and her jealously kills their relationship. She has got back with him cause he is her meal ticket plain and simple. He is just too stupid to realise.

Whenever I text my friend, if he is with her, she instantly starts texting/ringing me with abuse "warning" me to "leave us alone" and "stay away from my boyfriend". It is really beginning to upset me, and I am getting annoyed with my friend as to why he hasn't told her to stop it. He just keeps telling me to ignore her, but she is so angry towards me. I don't understand. If any of my texts to him were flirty or coming onto him then I would completely get it, but we are just talking about normal stuff. I think he finds it funny. It is becoming increasingly disrespectful, so my question is, should I just walk away? Let her have what she wants and lose a friend? X

Its very hard to walkaway from a friend but if he truly valued your friendship he would have had a word with his GF. She clearly has issues that i am sure he is fully aware of but continues to let her behave in this way (which i find very disrespectful) to you as a person and as his friend. I would simply text at at a time when you know he would be with his GF merely so he cant talk his way out of it or ask you to ignore it and simply say i value your friendship but i can no longer take the abuse that comes with it so i think we should not continue to contact each other anymore. That way it gives him the opportunity to have a word with his GF and sort her out or lose you completely. Either way you will have an honest answer as to where the land lies with your friendship. Much luck to you x

You need to tell him to contact you when he's done with her. If he's not checking her behavior, then that means he cares more for her feelings than yours. After all, he's having sex with her and not you, so he does have a "dog in that hunt". What she demands, he's going to do if he wants to get next to the pink. It's just that simple.

He is willing to let her drive away his friends in exchange for sex. Sounds to me like he needs to grow up and grow a pair.

You need to tell him to contact you when he's done with her. If he's not checking her behavior, then that means he cares more for her feelings than yours. After all, he's having sex with her and not you, so he does have a "dog in that hunt". What she demands, he's going to do if he wants to get next to the pink. It's just that simple.

He is willing to let her drive away his friends in exchange for sex. Sounds to me like he needs to grow up and grow a pair.

yup, totally agree.

Agree with others, he is putting his relationship with this girl higher than his friendship with you. I've been in the same position, and I've walked away. There is no friendship when you can't talk to each other, or spend time with each other. Sounds like this girl has him completely wrapped around her little finger and will attack anyone who tries to make him realise this.

I agree you should send him a text whether they are together at the time or not and say you can't be friends anymore, that you deserve better from a friend and that you are tired of making the effort. Or, simply just walk away and only ever answer his texts that he sends to you (if you ever actually get that).

Perhaps it will take losing his friends for him to realise that she is not good for him. Although it makes you wonder what he is saying about you to her if she has suddenly decided to hate you just because of your gender.

Thankyou for all your replies.

I know myself deep down that he does not respect our friendship, he is just so in love with her that he cannot see what she is doing. He treats her like a queen, and all he gets is bother off her day in and day out. I'd put money on it that part of the deal when they got back together was that she "would change". This will never happen. She must have massive insecurities and paranoia. I was actually going to offer to meet her just so she could see that I am a decent person, who, no matter what I think of their relationship, I still respect it, and have no hidden agenda to "try and steal her boyfriend away" , but if he isn't even defending me and telling to back off from contacting me, then I think to myself why should I put any effort in either. We used to text quite regularly, and I never heard from her once, but something changed, maybe something was said, and ever since, I cannot speak to him without her popping up. She tried to put his email address in her iPad so she could read any iMessages that were sent from iPhones, he had since had to switch the iMessage feature off. He is an dj also, and she insists on going with him to make sure that he isn't flirting with anyone or no women flirting with him. He pays for holidays, her pays all their bills, he drives her too and from work. She has now persuaded him to out his house up for sale, so that they can "get somewhere of their own". She is going to wipe him clean out, and I cannot watch.

Funniest thing is, she keeps texting me telling me that if I don't stop speaking to her boyfriend "we will speak with your parents". (She's polish btw, and he is all she has). Come on darling, I am 27 years old. What are my parents going to do? Really? Confiscate my phone and send me to bed?? Which makes me wonder what he is actually telling her, cause I am not too sure she knows how old I am.

He was with his ex partner for 15 years (he's 38), he is still in contact with her cause they split amicably and have become very good friends. Now, i would put money on it that if his current girlfriend started harassing HER with calls or texts he would soon put a stop to that. Which is what makes me more sure about just cutting ties and walking away, because that just says it all really.

It makes me angry that I am being TOLD who I can and cannot text. But I really don't think any of this upset is worth it anymore. The pair of them should just be left too it I think....

X

Archived