Question on reason for breaking up

mike7788

Sometimes, besides lack of attraction and love and all that, are people sincere sometimes when they break up with you for other reasons, could there really be things that interfere with a relationship at the present time. I know the "if u want to be with someone u be with them" But sometimes, is there a chance there is something (excluding another guy) and it is salvaged when that goes away

I think sometimes the timing is off and things just don't work.... But you never know if the situation changes and you somehow bump into each other, you could try again. I always say, as long as two people are alive anything could happen.

Funny thing about break ups, usually by the time you are able to be friends you don't want or need to be.

Yes, sometimes people's personal goals at that time in life are more important to them. Like, going to school or really focusing on a new job. Or even taking care of a family member. Some people want the relationship so much that they will do anything to keep it. But other people, at certain times in their life, make another part of their life more of a priority.

So, don't hope on your ex to turn around or be free of this priority in her life. Go ahead and live your own life. If you want to be in a relationship (not necessarily her), then go out and date other women. The only thing we can really do in life is acknowledge our own goals and strive to meet them. If the other person is available and ready, then great. But don't waste time waiting unless she's made you a promise.

I don't know. I'd like to think that I wouldn't let someone I truly wanted to be go and risk them get snapped up by someone else and losing them forever. Then again, I've never been in a position of having to choose between a relationship I genuinely wanted and something else so I guess I can't speak from experience.

I had to take a break from our relationship when my mother was diagnosed with an aggressive form of dementia in Sept last year. He has seasonal depression and my mother was rapidly deteriorating. We were apart from Nov...until June.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I've never been in a situation like that before. I guess what a person would do would depend heavily on all of the circumstances, the stage in the relationship (taking a break probably doesn't make sense in a marriage but may make sense in a newer relationship etc.), and the person and their general approach to relationships. I guess I also don't believe in breaks. I could imagine it can be very tough to stay in a relationship while going through something really hard though.

I found it impossible to be there for my mother, deal with the grief and her dying --- the frustration and the anger...and deal with my bf's seasonal depression. I simply did not have enough time, energy or feeling. I was numb. In order to preserve our connection, I had to walk away. Six months after she died, we came together again.

Archived