Pregnant on birth control?

blurredlines

I'm on BC and have been for a couple. One month ago, I missed like 2 or 3 pills but took them immediately once I was able to (I went out of town and left.them at home). I had sex 3 or 4 days later and the condom broke. Now I'm wondering if I could be pregnant. I'm on my placebo week and I'm not bleeding. I can't tell if I have any other pregnancy symptoms because my BC mimics those symptoms, like the cramping, I have breakthrough bleeding most months, I recently got nipple piercings so I can't tell if my breasts are sore from pregnancy or just the piercings. Any advice?

The only way to tell is to get a pregnancy test at the drugstore and take it.

And honestly, you can't consider yourself 'on birth control' if you miss 2-3 pills in a row. If you miss the pills, then you stop having sex or use condoms until you start the next cycle of pills. Otherwise it is no different than using NO birth control.

It can happen. I was careless on the pill, missed a couple and took them late. Because I'd done it occasionally and never got pregnant I figured I'd be ok but I was pregnant and now have a one year old son.

They are only effective if taken every day around the same time and your not sick, or had an upset stomach or on antibiotics.

You should take a test. You can get them from most pound/dollar stores. That's the only way to put your mind at rest.

You may not be bleeding because you messed up your pills a little.

I messed up taking my pills a month ago. I've been taking them properly and religiously since then. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms, no sickness, no cramps, no breast tenderness (that I can tell other than from my piercings), no abnormal fatigue. Thanks for the help, guys. Wish me luck.

Hello blurredlines,

I have been in your exact same situation plenty of times.

Not to scare you, because it's more likely that you're not pregnant than you are, but the one time I missed my pill, had sex and then got the morning after pill a whole day after having sex just once, I got pregnant. I decided to have an abortion but I know a lot of people count it as a blessing and end up raising a beautiful child they wouldn't take back for the world.

But I really regret being careless and lax just because in the past I had got lucky.

If you're not pregnant, which I'm sure you're not, just take this scare as a lesson and get organised with your birth control! The consequences are too great to mess around, especially if you're not ready to have kids yet.

Pregnancy signs that I suffered from and didn't know it was constipation, needing to drink all the time and feeling absolutely exhausted. At the time I put it down to flu, over work and bad eating habits, but some people don't feel sick and others do.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine and take care in the future!

- Lolita

Archived