In a rut...Keep getting rejected lately

t510

Don't worry too much and let it get you down. Take a break from trying and get your confidence back. Assess the type of people you are being rejected and maybe see if you are going after types that don't really fit your style. You leave a pretty vague post, so not sure all the advice that can be given. Others like confidence and someone that has there "stuff" together.

Don't give up! Try a little positive self talk! I'm serious about this even though it sounds cheezy. You are a valuable person, you'd make a good partner, you are interested in finding someone, your efforts will pay off....just keep tryin!

And remember...you can't win if you don't try.

Why should I even bother trying anymore?

Any advice on how to deal with this? My self esteem is in the gutter.

I've been getting rejected a lot lately...

speaking from my own experience: don't let that get you down. After so many rejections, someone wonderful dawns on your horizon and it makes all of the toads you stomped worth the hassle.

One truly has to weed through the lot of them before you get to the one who makes it all worth it.

L'amour, l'amour, l'amour... (from the move "The Women")

Why should I even bother trying anymore?

Any advice on how to deal with this? My self esteem is in the gutter.

I've been getting rejected a lot lately...

Stop doing what you are doing and try something different. In general don't try to entertain or impress. Be yourself and try to listen and connect. It only takes one good date to get the confidence momentum turned around.

My advice is to stop, take a break and re-assess your approach. Maybe you are going for those types who aren't for you. Also, if you aren't happy being single, that can come accross as being desperate, which turns most people off. In the future, just try to relax, listen and observe the other person's actions and nuances.

I too am in your shoes, single and dateless.... and yes, rejection hurts...but don't let it drag you down to the point of depression. Instead, take it as a triumph, because at least you had the courage to try! (many people don't even get that far!)

All in all, it is a learning experience, and if you learn from your failures, you can correct where you went wrong the next time you try.

-LR

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I am afraid I am going after women who are too beautiful for me. I mean, I dont fall for the typical beauty who everyone thinks is goodlooking, but I fall for pretty attractive long-haired girls and the only people coming after me are of the manly type or I dont connect with at all. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm not that goodlooking and will have to settle for someone who I not find attractive or interesting..

Archived