Should I burn the bridge?

Long story short: In March me and my gf broke up but remained in contact for a month. After a month she told me she was seeing someone else and it was over. I was crushed but still loved her. I improved myself, went LC for a few months, and after the rebound fell apart we got back in each other's lives.

We've now been hanging out for 6 months, but not a couple. The last few weeks we had become closer to a couple than before...dates, kissing, sleepovers, etc. Then this week she tells me that she doesn't see it working and we need to end it. She said she saw my feelings growing and she just wasn't there with me. Then she tells me that once again she found another guy and wanted to see where it goes with him.

While this burns bad for me, I still love her and I know I would still take her back, and I don't know why I feel like this. I feel like this week she has handled the situation very poorly and was very greedy. I feel like she just used me until she found someone else, and it hurts like crazy.

My question is, should I do something about it? I have thought about messaging the new guy she met and telling him something like: "Just so you know, I spent the night at her place last Friday night, she has been playing both of us for some period of time, and she lied to me quite a bit." I have also thought about sending HER a message just saying I sent him a message, but without sending him a message. Something like: "Hey, I hope your new friend likes the message I sent him and he learns something! Have a good a good day!" And finally, my last option would just to be say nothing and do nothing, just to move on.

I have a few reasons for wanting to send a message to one/both of them. For one, she handled the situation very poorly, not even speaking with me on the phone, this all happened over text. I feel like she just did this so it was easier for her and so she didn't have to face me, and it hurts me like hell. Additionally, as I said I still have feelings for her, and I feel like it might be beneficial for me to take the low road and burn the bridge so that I just KNOW that there will be no holding out hope for her to come back to me. It will allow me to move on. I feel like if I don't, there is a good chance that once this new guy fails, she will text me and I will be there for her again and this all could repeat.

I left quite a few details out, but I am just hoping for any other points of view or thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Uh.. Idk those msgs do sound like a big 'f*** you' LOL it's up to you whatever you feel like doin..I know your pissed so maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back in your eyes. But you also don't wanna look psycho either. Maybe the wisest choice is to just go no contact and ignore her attempts in future if she ever reached out again. . But jus make sure you stick to your guns though and not forget how much she used you as a safety net. Regardless what option you choose your done with her so good for you Stay strong!

Thanks.

The entire time we've known each other, I've been incredibly nice to her, always went out of my way for her, and was pretty much the kindest person I could be. Even over the past week, I've made a few mean comments, but I've been nice to her, understanding, and just handling it with maturity. All the while she's been handling it with immaturity and just hasn't shown much remorse, and that really bothers me. In a way I just want to do something that will hurt her and make her feel awful.

Though revenge sounds sweet it usually after a period makes you feel even worst then you already do. Your girl sounds like she is confused with what she wants. With that said dont be a doormat that welcomes her to wipe her feet on when she decides to go back to you. It's hard and it hurts but I'd say move on. That's way harder said then done I know, cause a lot of us on here are having to do the same

Though revenge sounds sweet it usually after a period makes you feel even worst then you already do. Your girl sounds like she is confused with what she wants. With that said dont be a doormat that welcomes her to wipe her feet on when she decides to go back to you. It's hard and it hurts but I'd say move on. That's way harder said then done I know, cause a lot of us on here are having to do the same

Yea, when I tell everyone the story of what happened the thing that has come out from everyone is that A) she is very confused and B) she doesn't think she deserves someone like me so she pushes me away.

I guess you guys are right and I should just let her go. Gosh it stinks though. Even after all the crap she has put me through I love her.

I think the best option is do nothing. I know how you feel. It hurts and you have to DO something.... But don't. It will make you look psycho and really nothing pushes people together more than an ex that's trying to keep them apart. Truly, the best revenge would be for you to move on with your life, find a girl you wouldn't give up for her. Eventually, she will resurface and you can decide (then) what to do.

It sucks. I know. I think my ex went back to his previous ex.... It's definitely a mind trip and you think all kinds of crazy stuff. Hang in there. Give it some time.

Thank you guys so much, you're all right.

I just talked with my mom about this for a while too. After all that this girl has done to me, I still do love her. She has some issues, is confused, and has yet to realize what she had in me because really she hasn't lost me yet...even after we broke up, I was still there for her.

I know that one day she will resurface, and when that time comes I have to make HER show me that she is worth my time. It may be in 2 weeks, it may be in 6 months, it may be in 2 years, and it may well never happen. But when/if it does happen, I think I will be prepared.

YOU are very confused... slow down with your thoughts & emotions. You are upset.. and you are hurt.

At one point you WOULD like to get with her again- then you also want to send nasty ,messed up msg's to hurt her & him.

IF you do that- do you really think she would ever want you back?

Other than that fact, I'm not sure I would take someone like her back? She's playing the field and using you as a back up by sounds of it. That, or she's majorly confused with herself.

BUT- remember what you mentioned.. and I quote:

>> "Then this week she tells me that she doesn't see it working and we need to end it. She said she saw my feelings growing and she just wasn't there with me."

I suggest you do nothing. Leave her alone now and do NOT reply to any more msg's.. nothing!

Walk away.. leave her to deal with whatever she's doing.. with herself.

She is NOT sure, herself. So let her lie in the bed she's made..my thoughts.

Yes, you are correct. I am confused for a couple reasons. For one, why do I still have such strong feelings for someone who just did this to me? And also, why did she do this to me now, right when things were starting to get so much better?

As for her...yes she was playing the field, but according to her it is because she is confused. She has said herself she doesn't know what she wants, doesn't know what to do.

I don't plan on messaging her. It was just a thought I had that when I was upset and not thinking quite straight.

Archived