ex gf removed all her social media profiles. very unlike her.

i am posting this her in ex/bf/gf relationships forum because it's not really about healing anymore.

i'm at the point where i'm ok with seeing her social media, even though I had blocked her.

first, if you didn't know, my ex has no friends in real life. she grew up online and has online friends she's had for 10+ years, some she never met. her world revolves around being online. secondly, she's is a bit of an attention wh*re. she is attractive and likes to post pics of herself on Instagram, Facebook, and even her tumblr. page.

the other day i unblocked her on Facebook because I feel I'm at a point where I can handle seeing her there even though we're not friends. The next day, I noticed that her page is no longer available. I confirmed that she disabled or deleted her profile and did not block me.

then, yesterday, she deleted her tumblr page and her instgram profile. this girl was obsessed with instagram and tagged the crap out of her pics to get as many likes as possible, including posting many pics of herself on there. her tumblr page was very important to her.

i haven't had any contact with her for a little over 2 weeks, so i don't know what's going on in her personal life.

although i shouldn't care about what's going on with her life after she dumped me, but i do. i don't want her back but i still care about her.

many of you will say to me, it doesn't matter. but it kind of does to me. i am sensing that she must be going through something bad.

for those of you who know about people like my ex, or if you have lived your life mostly online, what do you think is going on? i realize that it's hard to answer the question because you don't know her, but hopefully i have put enough info on here to give you an idea.

I don't understand why you unblocked - Were you trying to test yourself to see how you felt? Are you trying to figure out if her getting rid of all this social media somehow relates to your split?

Maybe she finally decided to live in the real, day to day life. There is really just no saying.

I don't understand why you unblocked - Were you trying to test yourself to see how you felt? Are you trying to figure out if her getting rid of all this social media somehow relates to your split?

Maybe she finally decided to live in the real, day to day life. There is really just no saying.

yes, i was trying to see if i could handle seeing her profile, no matter how limited it is since we're not friends on there.

no, i am not necessarily trying to figure out if her getting rid of all her social media is related to the split. she does what she wants to do and pretty much only thinks about herself. like i said, her world revolves around being online, so it can't be related to the split.

you're right, there really is no saying but i am pretty confident she did not decide to live in the real world.

i guess i am concerned if something bad is happening to her.

Well, now you don't have to worry about testing - That's good, right?

Deletion of social media profiles doesn't mean something bad is happening. Yes I understand that she loves to go online and has no solid connections to the 'real world'. Addicted. Maybe she is sick of the fact that she's only been able to forge friendships online and wants to try and "kick the habit".

Anyway, the only way you're going to know is by going straight to the source - And you're not doing that...right? Do you think you're looking for a reason to reach out?

Well, now you don't have to worry about testing - That's good, right?

Deletion of social media profiles doesn't mean something bad is happening. Yes I understand that she loves to go online and has no solid connections to the 'real world'. Addicted. Maybe she is sick of the fact that she's only been able to forge friendships online and wants to try and "kick the habit".

Anyway, the only way you're going to know is by going straight to the source - And you're not doing that...right? Do you think you're looking for a reason to reach out?

Nope, i am not going straight to the source. Even if i tried, i know she wouldn't respond. This is just highly unusual and I am a curious person.

Don't worry about it. she's your ex.

it's possible she's looking for a new job and thus has disabled her accounts for now.

yeah, i am trying not to worry about it. like i said, it was very unusual for her.

well, she didn't disable her accounts, she completely deleted them. she would have to recreate all her accounts again.

on instagram, it says her profile doesn't exist, same thing on tumblr. and i confirmed her FB account has been deleted or at least disabled. so, if knowing her, if she was looking for a job, she would make her instagram profile private and there was nothing incriminating or personal on her tumblr page. she really loved her tumblr page too.

you're right, i shouldn't worry about it.

I disabled my accounts when I realized that is was wasting a lot of my time and kind of narcissistic. If I have people I really want in my life as true friends, I really communicate with them personally and individually rather than just blasting out info/photos etc. to everyone on the planet.

The thing is, if she really wants you in her life, then she will let you know personally, or you should try to really be in her life rather than just acting like a voyeur. Call her or email her, and if she responds well and wants to be a friend and you do too, good, and if not, then she's not interested in keeping you as a friend or allowing you visibility into her life, which is her right.

And if she is not your GF, you really should be focusing on letting the past go and moving on rather than trying to keep tabs on her.

Or maybe you're disappointed because you can't keep tabs on her through social media....

eh, not really. i actually blocked her from FB and on Instagram and I figured out how to block her tumblr page from my computer. her instagram profile was still visible via link removed even though she blocked me. so i blocked link removed from my computer as well.

i guess i got curious and unblocked her from FB. her profile was visible and then the next day she disabled it and yesterday she deleted all her other online social media accounts.

I disabled my accounts when I realized that is was wasting a lot of my time and kind of narcissistic. If I have people I really want in my life as true friends, I really communicate with them personally and individually rather than just blasting out info/photos etc. to everyone on the planet.

The thing is, if she really wants you in her life, then she will let you know personally, or you should try to really be in her life rather than just acting like a voyeur. Call her or email her, and if she responds well and wants to be a friend and you do too, good, and if not, then she's not interested in keeping you as a friend or allowing you visibility into her life, which is her right.

And if she is not your GF, you really should be focusing on letting the past go and moving on rather than trying to keep tabs on her.

well, she doesn't have any friends in real life. it's like she's isolating herself for some reason.

yes, i know it's her right and i don't want to contact her. she wouldn't respond anyway.

yes, i need to let go of the past but this kind of caught me off guard. i guess, in some way i sensed something bad might've happened to her. but it's none of my concern, yet i do care.

>>well, she doesn't have any friends in real life. it's like she's isolating herself for some reason.

Maybe she's met a new guy! Or maybe she emails her online friends. I have lots of friends scattered around that I rarely see for whatever reason, but I email some of them almost every day.

Note that if something 'bad' happened to her, she wouldn't be able to take down her connections would she? She'd just stop posting. So this is her choice to take them down. Perhaps she decided to change her usernames or pare down her list of connections to only those she considers 'true' friends, and has created another account and let them know about it while deleting her old one connected to people she'd decided she wasn't interested in keeping up the connection. People do do that a lot when they decide to live more 'in real life' than online or with a bunch of fake facebook friends they hardly know at all.

well if she meet a new guy, good for her. i know she chats with all of her online friends via gchat.

what i mean by something bad, is that i was wondering if she's in a bad place mentally.

maybe she did change usernames, who knows.

you're right. and i hope she's fine.

To be honest the fact that her profile was visible right after you un-blocked her, but then suddenly disappeared, really makes it seem like she blocked you or changed her username.

I'm not sure how you can be so certain that she didn't block you.

I just think what's most likely is that she noticed you unblocked her, and, to prevent you from looking at her profile or to gain power/control in this break-up/whatever else mindgame, she decided to cut you off, internet-wise.

There are ways. one of which is if you go to link removed - if it doesn't return their id, name, first name, last name, username, gender, and locale, then their profile is disabled or deleted. If their profile is enabled and they are blocking you, it will still return all the info I listed above. And she had never blocked me on FB, I always blocked her then unblocked. I know that's silly, i couldn't decide to keep her blocked permanently. The only place where she blocked me was Instagram. However, her profile was not made private, so her pics were viewable by going to link removed But she removed her profile completely, which again, is odd because she thrived on getting "likes" on there.

Funny thing is last night, she reenabled her FB account and I reblocked her, this time permanently. I made my Instagram private so only my followers can see me.

Anyway, I know way too much about how social media works.

Meh, i'm done checking up on her. I'm just making myself go crazy.

Meh, i'm done checking up on her. I'm just making myself go crazy.

Yes...yes, you are. This is still about healing, deejay. Testing yourself and checking up on her are about healing. Better to own that than convince yourself it is something else. Move past it more swiftly!

I remember when I did this a few years back with my ex. I kept telling my friend, "I had to manually block his social media through my hosts file." She said, "Really? Such a drastic measure? Here's an idea, why don't you look at it until you're tired of looking at it. Because you will get tired of looking at it - Especially if you find something you don't like."

I never did find anything, but I DID get sick of looking at it after about a month or so. I was like oh man, I am keeping the connection alive like this in my head, and this is NOT a good thing because there is NO connection anymore, and it's about time I eat that. So I ate it and I even counted the days I could go 'social media free'. I think after a few weeks I lost count and just slowly, the compulsion began to dissipate.

I'm not saying go stalk it now. Reverse psychology and all that, lol. I think it's far better not to look. I also think you need to be honest about why you are. It's when you start convincing yourself for other reasons that it perpetuates. Like I had told myself in the beginning, "I just want to know that he's ok...Ok, he's alive." Two days later I'm looking at it again telling myself the same thing, and that was never the reason to begin with.

I did the same thing. Blocked what I couldn't block through the website (i.e. tumblr, and link removed) by editing my host file as well.

I guess curiosity really got me. As I've been saying over and over, she lived for "likes" and attention on Instagram but blocked me there, not on FB. Her blog was very dear to her. You can't tell who's looking at your tumblr page unless you get some code to put into the HTML. So, that's why I posted this thread in the first place. It's so unlike her

to remove herself from social media because that's where she thrives. Anyway, I reblocked everything I could from her and I set my instagram profile to private. I did find a code plug in for my tumblr page to block IPs. It turns out, my ex was looking at my tumblr page. I know because this plug in tells me the IP, city, ISP, browser, and OS that the person is using. It's very clear it's my ex, so part of this code allows you to block IPs and redirect them to another page. I blocked her IP so now if she tries to look at my tumblr blog, she'll get redirected to link removed.

Yeah, it bothers me that I wonder what she's up to. I think I am a bit obsessed with this and I am getting frustrated about it. I know logically we're bad for each other. I just feel like I am stuck in this state of mind. I don't want her back yet I keep thinking about her and sometimes I miss her.

Yeah...The plug in...That's obsession, boy. You want to know if she's looking. I don't really even know what tumblr is, can you make it private? She probably has that plug in, as well. Hey, maybe she didn't want you looking at her stuff anymore and that's why it was gone.

What's on your tumblr that you don't want her seeing, is it kind of like a journal?

Yeah...The plug in...That's obsession, boy. You want to know if she's looking. I don't really even know what tumblr is, can you make it private? She probably has that plug in, as well. Hey, maybe she didn't want you looking at her stuff anymore and that's why it was gone.

What's on your tumblr that you don't want her seeing, is it kind of like a journal?

tumblr is like an online blog. you follow people and they follow you. posts from those that you follow will show up in your feed. no way to block tumblr users through tumblr, only thing you can do is ignore them. that means, if someone is ignoring you but you follow them, their new posts will not show up in your feed and your comments or "likes" on their posts won't be notified to them.

no way to make it private.

yes, it's a journal that i've been keeping. some things i mentioned about trying to move on from this break up. i never mention her name at all. there's nothing on there that identifies me personally. it's pretty anonymous.

So Deejay your reason for unblocking her is because you just wanted to check out her profile(s)? Were you missing her a lot. And or thinking about going back. Or what?

I'm asking this because my ex did the same thing months ago and always wondered why she did it.

So Deejay your reason for unblocking her is because you just wanted to check out her profile(s)? Were you missing her a lot. And or thinking about going back. Or what?

I'm asking this because my ex did the same thing months ago and always wondered why she did it.

i unblocked her because i got curious. and yes, i was missing her a lot. i never saw anything on there that was interesting anyway. since we're not friends, she has very limited things one can see if you're not friends with her. plus, i realized it does nothing for me in order for me to move on.

i hope this answers your question.

Archived