The Pregnancy Test Is Negative....Why Is My Lower Stomach Still Full and Hard?

I'm a little paranoid. My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. We had sex Mid October. I'm on birth control. We also use protection. After the third day, I caught a UTI and stopped having sex. I took antibiotics. Two weeks later, I got my period on time. It was very heavy and lasted about 8-9 days. But my lower stomach still feels full and a little hard.

It's been 5-6 weeks now. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests. Each came back negative. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms, except for this full, hard feeling in my stomach that I've had for a few weeks now. When I push my stomach in, it feels like some type of rock is there.

Any advice on why my stomach still feels full/hard?

I wonder if your UTI perhaps wasn't fully resolved. Sometimes one round isn't sufficient. I would go back to the doctor in any case. I doubt you are pregnant coupled with your negative tests and two forms of BC, you wouldn't be able to palpate your uterus that early on. More like 12 weeks when it begins to rise above the pubic bone. And many people who aren't medical professionals still wouldn't exactly know what it feels like.

Thanks to everyone for the advice: I went to the doctor this morning.

First, they gave me a pregnancy test. When it came back negative, the doctor asked questions. I told him about the full, hard feeling in my lower stomach and my past uti (actually, kidney infection). Afterwards, he felt around my stomach and pelvis. His assistant gave me some pills and a powder to stop the swelling. She told me the doctor believed that I was given the wrong antibiotics, and the swelling could've been a side effect. She said the swelling and hardness was coming from my uterus, and that they wanted to get blood and urine tests done, and an xray. It was quick. After doing the xray, I saw the picture: It looked....the way it felt: like a large mass. The doctor said to return tomorrow morning for the test results and what they mean.

I'm quite anxious to know.

I'm a little nervous

Please let us know what the doctor says and what is that you got, maybe other people had it

and can share their experiences.

I agree.

Let's see. After the first tests: I came back the next day for the results. Basically, the doctor said the tests ruled out what he first thought were the causes, and that they could see my body was reacting to something but they were unsure what. He suggested I get a CT scan. He said it was very thorough and would say exactly what was wrong. "We usually don't do this first, because it's very expensive, but since neither of us are paying for it (we're military), I suggest you get it done." I set the appointment later on. I'll be getting scanned in less than 2 weeks.

I'm a little nervous but more curious also. The cause could be something as minor as poop,...or something serious that would need surgury. From where it is, they can't tell if the problem is in my lower stomach or closer to my reproductive organs, or Both. I try not to think about it. Now, it's all about the waiting game.

Archived