Is he just flirting with me for fun or does he like me?

Luna

So I'm 15 years old and in high school. In the beginning, my bi class got new lab tables and this guy, Cam, became my lab partner. In my English class there was this huge ordeal about him because he set off some girl's alarm on her phone, it went off during class, and my teacher blew up and was really mad at him. So in bio I asked him about it and we spent two days talking about it. Then I realized sometimes we would accidentally touch hands, I didn't think much of it. Then one day he asked to borrow my calculator for his math test (it's an over $100 calculator) because his was dead, so we traded and he gave it back to me at lunch. So once at our lab table I was talking and then he put his finger to my mouth and went "shhh." Another time we were doing a lab and his hands were really dirty, but his phone was in his front pocket, so he asked me to take it out. After a few attempts I finally took it out. Then just the other day I brought my own gloves for dissecting and he asked if he could borrow a pair. I said, "I don't know if they'll fit you, these are a small." and he said "Aw you're hands are so small!" and put his hand up to compare and then he wrapped his hand around mine. The same day, he came over to my lunch table and sat down and then my friend (who was trying to figure out who I liked) saw him and really loudly said, "You like Cameron!" and then she looked at my other friend and then back to Cam and he was like, "Are you guys talking about me?" and she was like, "Yes we are." so then I was silent and wouldn't look at him until he left. Then when the bell rang I was walking upstairs to my next class and he was right behind me and was like, "Hi Lila." So now he probably knows I like him. But then in our bio class, there's this other girl and he always talks to her and about her. I'm confused because I don't know if he likes me or not because I think I like him.

Well now he's ware, I guess.

If he's also favouring someone else, I wouldn't assume anything just yet. Just keep going about your own thing, keeping in mind to remain as his 'friend'..unless or until he has full intention & same interests towards you.

If you can;t end up with him as a bf, at least try to keep the friendship you've got in him.

he's reaching out to you, but if you keep shutting him down, he'll believe all you want from him is friendship and will move on. about the other girl, he might be testing waters there to see if she'd be interested, or if you get jealous enough to let him get closer to you. either way, he'd be with a safe hand. that's usually how guys play

15 is a sweet age for flirting, and a pretty confusing one too - no one really knows what they're doing, or what they really want, and everybody is pretty afraid of getting emotionally hurt or becoming the school's laughing stock. in the end, it's all about you. what do you want with him?

he's reaching out to you, but if you keep shutting him down, he'll believe all you want from him is friendship and will move on.

How am I shutting him down? I want to show him that I like him without directly telling him.

so then I was silent and wouldn't look at him until he left

unless your friends told him clearly they thought you were into him, he might have just caught up that you were talking about him, and that you, Luna, felt pretty uncomfortable about being caught saying things about him behind his back. as loud as they were, teenage guys often only listen to one thing at a time, so if he was talking to someone else, possibly all he heard was "cameron" X p

ever wondered how he sees your reactions to his hand-touching and light flirting? he's probably thinking each of your reactions through, as much as he wouldn't want to. try to think like a guy. if you were flirting with a girl, how would you like her to react?

to show someone you like them without telling can be a bit scary, but it's not that hard. hand touching and eye contact are essential. creating intimacy is about learning how to understand that person without having to utter a word. bring him a candy or a chocolate he likes, just every now and then - these little signs send the message that you are interested - but don't turn him into the center of your universe. talk to other guys as well, keep having a normal life! and the most important of all: create opportunities to be alone with him. schedule a meeting to prepare for a lab assignment, ask for help with something you are having problems with, be creative.

ever wondered how he sees your reactions to his hand-touching and light flirting? he's probably thinking each of your reactions through, as much as he wouldn't want to. try to think like a guy. if you were flirting with a girl, how would you like her to react?

The time when he wrapped his hand around mine I awkwardly giggled, it was obvious that I liked it. And I'm always laughing at everything he says. Is that enough or what else should I do?

fine, I'm in a good mood...

there is a passage at the kama sutra (which, contrary to popular belief, is not just a manual guide for sexual positions) that says that everything your lover (or potential) does to you must be given back. that's something important, because returning a caress means you liked it. teasing back means you like to be teased, flirting back shows you're interested, kissing back means you want more of it, and so on. it is important that both of you take the lead on the courtship, to keep the relationship balanced. if only one is having the trouble of giving that kickstart, at some point that one person will get tired of it, trust me.

so, when you ask me if just giggling is enough to show him you are interested, I say: no. have you ever touched his hands intentionally? maybe you could start there, since that's how he started with you...

speaking of being clueless, here's how you get his phone number: "lose" your phone inside your backpack or purse, and pretend you forgot where you put it - say you're sure you put it somewhere else or something of the sort. then, ask for his phone so you can call yourself and locate your cellie by the ringing sound. there, you have his number.

Thank you! I've never thought of it like that. I'm so timid about this stuff though, I don't know how I could actually pull it off. And that's genius about the phone, but I have to wait until Monday because it's Thanksgiving break.

Archived