Anxiety - job - medication

helplessme

Hi...I really can't stand my brother and his annoying gf, he is trying to control my life and way of living, they won't even give me my medication for anxiety, cuz they don't believe in things like anxiety or meds....?? I also hate living with my controlling neurotic mother and alcoholic father back home.

I just desperately need to get away from my dysfunctional family in order to be a better and healthier person. I should mention that I am not English( Im European) and just came to study to UK (3-4 years). What job can I get here so I could live on my own (sharing kitchen,toilet etc. with 5 - 6 other people)?? I could get a part time job, but I can't go into customer service,cuz of my bad english, besides that I get panic attacks when I need to talk to other people ( shaking, trembling, sweating, racing heart etc.). So my options are cleaning, stockroom an so on..? But when they want to interview you for a job employees would call and I can't even control my anxiety on the phone I can't even answer it because I know my english is bad Im terrified to speak english I just don't know how to get a job here in UK, I have no money to buy meds, Im scared to go alone to see doc. and Im terrified to do anything in here by myself, maybe I should get out of here then, but then again I have nowhere to go Im not going back to my mother who hates me more than anything..?

Im a student here, but you dont' have to talk at all in uni, most days I don't even say a word (and Im fine with that). I can't overcome this issue cuz I have 0 confidence. Meds would help I suppose, but I have no money. What am I supposed to do, how on earth do I survive in here? Who can I turn to? Can I get a job with anxiety so severe? Please, please help

I think you should make a appointment with a doctor. I believe it would be free as you are living in Europe but i think you should check online just to make sure. I work at a GP surgery and I know that some countries have to pay for consultations so definitely check online but i think you would be fine. You could be prescribed medication for your anxiety but you can get it free if you are 16-18 and in full time education. The doctor can also refer you to a therapist to talk about your anxiety.

Im not sure what job you can get which would earn you enough money to support you because living in different areas of the UK can be more expensive. Is there a counsellor at your school/college you can talk to?

Go talk to a guidance counsellor or a career counsellor at your school. They are probably provided free.

Tell them your situation. Your guidance counsellor can help you with the anxiety. Your school might even have a clinic where you can talk to a doctor and maybe get anxiety medication for free. Your career counsellor can help you find jobs (maybe even internships) that are good for someone in your situation - maybe data entry or something like that.

It sounds like you definitely need help, this isn't something you should have to deal with alone. Take advantage of the programs and help your school offers for free (or at a much discounted price). Good luck

First of all.. just beause THEY don't agree with YOUR med's, doesn't mean you shouldn't be taking them! That is NOT up to them!! wow!

How about you go ask for more from your Doc? Explain they've taken it away from you..

You say you're living in another country & all of your family is there too??

There must be social services there? You can look into them for some financial assistance or thru the school so kind of assisted coverage while you're going there.

I will agree though- If you're finding it to be too much maybe look at going back to where you came from and live life in simpler terms.

Good luck

No, no, no I can only dream about getting any medication in here, because I have no job - no money etc.etc. .. I am f.... here, no funding, only home students get grants and so on, I got loan for my studies and thats it and I know it is nobody's fault that Im poor and can't afford higher eduation, oh well fml. Im going to end this pathetic life anyway, because Im sure that would be the only thing I would succeed at and that's actually very funny I mean how pathetic is that? Now I must be really worthless creature with no purpose in life whatsoever I realised that I don't want to go back to my judgemental parents who are going to judge me and look down on me, because I have anxiety disorder. I need to get away from my family and this horrible place called London (Im sorry, but as you English say it's bollocks this place is bollocks FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME). I would leave UK, like right now, but I have nowhere to go. I'm thinking about volunteering somewhere abroad (long-term), but I have no idea if that would help.. I feel like I'm going mad here, when I get stressed my anxiety overpowers me I see things that I don't want to see and I think about things I shouldn't be thinking about. Take for example pigeons, every one of them in London is either injured or about to die, I know this probably sounds funny to you, but I can't even look at the damn pigeon here because it just reminds me how nobody cares about anything, I feel like it's the same thing with people here, I'm not saying everythings perfect where I live, but at least I can look at pigeons and sky and not to think about our crippled society..daydream, you know? I know no one of you would really help me, but I guess I feel like I need someone to read this, to keep me going, till I come up with a solution. Doe's that make any sense...? I don't know

I have of course no idea where you study, but to my knowledge you should get medical insurance through your university/college in the UK independent from which country you are originally and if you go to your college health center they should be able to help you with your anxiety medication

Archived