I contacted him.. Now what?

Roxxy

I've posted a couple of questions about what I'm going through but for those of you that don't know.... I came home last week to my bf things gone (we lived together for a year) and him breaking up with me. At the end of our discussion he gave me a huge hug (in tears) and kissed me goodbye telling me he will always love me. Now here it is a week later and i slipped up and emailed him telling him how much i loved him, asking him to remember the good times and how amazing he is that i know we can work it out etc... His exact reply was ..... I remember everything, right now i do need my time and space i am proud of you and i still got your back.. At the end he put this thing we do (i can't explain it) every couple has something special between them some it's the infinity symbols others may be a nickname but he put that at the end... Do I have my hopes that he'll come back? All because he left tons of stuff here and he used that or am i just not seeing the picture clearly? That that was him telling me nicely that I need to back off that we are done

^^^ this. he will not be back soon.

often people break up because they have areas of their lives or selves that they want to attend to, or they want to experience single life, or find something different. he will not be back before he gets a taste of whatever he is seeking. and that is a time table that not even he knows.

if I were you, I would just take the sweet goodbye you got and allow the grief to begin. so so sorry.

He put that special thing because, like you, he wants to remember the good times and wants you to remember them as well. It sounds to me like he wants to 'remember' things and move forward rather than 'create and grow' with you. That feels horrible, I know, and its of little comfort that you shared some great times. Time heals and time is the worst thing to wait for. I can totally relate.

*hugs*

I am sorry xx

sometimes you can read a thread and almost feel the agony coming through .

darling all you can do is carry on ...and no amount of emails , pleading, reasoning will make him come back and that is what is so frustrating ... we just want to get hold of them hey and make it all better .

you have to carry on for you , you have to carry on to be strong enough incase he does want to talk , you have to carry on because you deserve a life as well .

just leave him be .... because really , you have no other choice . big hugs xx

That sounds very sad. I'm sorry you're going through this. There's nothing for you to do now though, you have said how you feel to him. He responded with that. He hasn't said he wants to try again.

I said how I felt to my ex after the breakup. About feeling like we shouldn't you know haha. And he responded with a lot of weird things that I sit and obsess about. But you know he didn't say he wanted to get back together. So sadly you just have to accept this and move on.

I think it's good we said how we felt. At least we ourselves have that closure in that way.

Who knows if they will regret it. They don't now though.

It sucks so much as well I know. But you have to let it go

I read your previous post...

Give him space and time. Go no contact and let him see what life without you is like. If he loves you and wants to be with you he will contact you.

If he doesn't then you know where you stand . Don't chase, don't call, do nothing.

I know it's hard, trust me!

But you have to, it's the only way he will see what life without you is like and he will do something about it if he regrets it.

Don't message him anymore, show him you are ok without him.feel better soon!

Well I've tried this week and i did good but once i ran into his brother and his best friends i slipped up this weekend contacted him i even tried calling. Nothing really worked but i did arrange for him to get his things today which he didn't do sooo I'm not sure what thats all about. Im at the point where I'm getting mad about everything. Hopefully all of these mood swings will pass soon. It's almost like he wants me to keep bothering him. I just don't understand why he refuses to get his things. We arranged it so i wouldn't be home but once i did get home his boxes were still here and he won't reply back

Archived