Hello everyone,

thank you for finding some time to read this , it means a lot to me

I need an advice about this guy I like.

We met each other three months ago at a university event. But we didn't talk or something, we just had an eye contact.The next day, he added me on facebook. We started chatting, but we didn't meet for like two months or something, because I was always busy, and he didn't really asked me out seriously. I've got sick of this internet friendship, because it looked childish to me. So I've told him, that I don't want to continue this thing. Then he freaked out and asked me out. We went to the movies, everything was fine, because there weren't any awkward situations and I thought that this evening would be perfect, because, then we walked home at night, talked a lot, laughed. However, call me old-fashioned, but if I would be a man, I would buy her the ticket to the movie. He didn't even offer. Of course, he would have, I would have refused and would have payed by myself, but an offer would be nice enough. In addition to this, when we went home, firstly we went to his house, because his house was closer than mine if you are walking from the city center.It was late, dark, and my city isn't safe. I thought he would lead me home, but no... He offered to lead me, but in that kind of voice tone, that you surely know he doesn't want to do it. If course, I said that it was okey, and that I will go home alone, because I could feel that he didn't wanted to do it... That was the biggest negative thing that night. When I told my friends they were schocked and said that I was worth a better one. The thing is, I started to like him, because he looks like a good kid, he's smart, listens to the same music I do and I just like to talk to him. But that first "date" if you could call it, just messed everything up. Two days after we went for a walk, everything was good, I liked being with him. But however, I'm still remembering that first meet and then I'm starting to wonder if he will change, or if he will remain same douche(can I call him like that)?

Please help me, I don't have many experience in guys and I need your advice.

Thank you!

P.S. sorry for my english, it's not my native language

In addition to this, when we went home, firstly we went to his house, because his house was closer than mine if you are walking from the city center.It was late, dark, and my city isn't safe. I thought he would lead me home, but no... He offered to lead me, but in that kind of voice tone, that you surely know he doesn't want to do it.

I would probably have found this a little off-putting, myself. However, the generation I grew up in, even male FRIENDS would be looked at sideways if they didn't make sure you got home safely.

However, if even your friends think it not up to standard - I would at least watch for other cues that he's less than worried about putting you first. You DO deserve someone who thinks of your safety and well-being - even if they don't have romantic inclinations. And if that was a "first date" I'd say it's unlikely to improve. Usually guys and girls on a first date are looking to put that best foot forward. And if this is his best, I'm not sure I'd be sticking around to see his worst!

At the best, he sounds a bit self-centered and lazy. And that's not likely to change.

Nope, I'd just observe his behavior. I'm sure if you see other clues like this (not calling at all following a date, not making sure you get home, etc) he'll start to look a lot less attractive. If it was a one time thing and he screwed up - he will be doing the right things normally. If not, and this is his normal - I'd look for another guy.

Funny how guys can start to look like the rear end of a donkey when they continue to act like one.

I'd say dont give up yet, because you do like him. Just because that 'first' date went weird, don't judge all on that.

He likes you too, i'm sure, since he agreed to stop the talk and do an actual date...

Give it a bit of time.. see how things go between you's.

I'd say hes a virgin but anyways i had a friend that dated a random guy she met online. On their date he acted like a robot and didnt know how to act around her....and kinda forced the holding hand thingy which she told me was super creepy. She never went on the next date with him again but every now and then he tries to talk to her or park close to her house. Only time you give someone a chance like that is if your in middle school or high school but since your in a university that changes the story hes probably going to be mean in the relationship if you do decide down the road.

Archived