When girls say they want a taller guy....

Dougie_D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't pay attention to a guy's height, probably because I'm only 5'2" myself, and most men are taller than me (doesn't take much!). I do think the majority of females prefer taller men, imho, however, I know men around your height who are married (and tall men who can't seem to get a date) so I think it's not so much a height issue, as it is just finding the person you 'click' with.

I don't care too much about the height. I actually am starting to find it awkward to date people who are taller than me. Maybe I am just so used to dating men my height or shorter(I am 6'). I recently went out with a date with a guy who was probably 6'4 or 6'5 and I felt so out of my element, lol.

From what I have observed with many people, I do think there is a natural preference towards a man taller than them somewhat significantly, but it seems not to be a total dealbreaker. And sure, a 5'2 girl can say you are too short for them. Some like them a head or two taller.

For the most part - if it's in person, I'd say it's a convenient excuse unless we're talking about a 5'2" guy and a 5'10" woman, where it's really a contrast. For most women I've known, if the chemistry is there, height is less important than the spark, and other basics like hygiene and attitude.

That said, some women may have height as one of their major points of attraction in a guy. But for every one that does, there is one that may be into hair, or dress style, or voice.

I do prefer taller men, I am 5.3 and I like guys around 5.8 upwords. I think it's also because I am not skinny. I feel more feminine around taller guys, last 2 bf were over 6 ft so it's hard coming around to a shorter height. If we got on great though I wouldn't dismiss someone because of height.

My husband is about 5"6 and I am 5"2. I preferred shorter men but not shorter than me(which I knew wasn't much to ask!). I did not find men who were on the shorter side and very slight/skinny particularly attractive - yes, shallow, but there you have it. I also preferred shorter men to very tall men who were very thin but it wasn't a big deal either way. I haven't worn heels more than once or twice a year since I became a mom but I used to wear 2-3 inch and being the same height as my SO was fine with me.

Height is not the reason women aren't hooking up with you, Dougie, so the question of height is irrelevant. (And for the record, I've known guys shorter than you who were bonifide manhors.)

Women say, "I prefer this, I prefer that" about every single attribute that exits, and when they meet someone who blows their socks off in other ways, those preferences go out the window.

How tall are these girls? 5'10? Almost 6 ft?!

If a guy who is 5'6 (like me) tries to hook up with a girl who's 5'2 she can't say it's about height, right? Or do most women prefer at least a foot on them?

Most of them want a guy taller than them in heels, because apparently that is more important than the guy.

I am not tall, and i notice shorter women (even those 6 inches under me) will want taller men. Its either because they are insecure of their height and they dont want to be the 'short couple', or they want to make up for their height in some genetic fix for their offspring that translate into not being attracted to short men. I usually end up with women my height, an inch shorter, or taller, than i do with women who are far shorter than me (who i actually prefer).

I know a girl who is 4'11'' and her boyfriend is 6'. They look like clowns to me, i know that sounds messed up, but she looks like a dwarf and he looks like a big clumsy pedo next to her. But thats just me...

Most of them want a guy taller than them in heels, because apparently that is more important than the guy.

People have preferences that have to do with physical attraction - often those preferences appear or actually are shallow. That doesn't make these preferences wrong or mean that the person's priorities are to be criticized- for some people looks don't matter at all in a romantic partner -I think those people are the minority. Most people have certain physical preferences when choosing a romantic partner.

I'm 6'0 and I prefer 6'2" and up. However, if a guy is shorter than me I wouldn't write him off completely, he just can't act short if that makes any sense. He can't focus on the height discrepancy or be constantly making remarks about my height, and he has to still seem big in personality. If a guy is really outgoing, charismatic, and sure of himself, then the height doesn't matter nearly as much. I just prefer it if the guy makes me feel feminine, and taller guys tend to make me feel more feminine. I can be taller than him, but I still would like to feel like he's bigger than me in some sense.

And if the guy is constantly saying things like "Oh my gosh, you're too tall." and "I feel like the chick right now you're so much taller than me..." and "Ehh... You're wearing heels? Now you're taller than me..." then it's a huge turnoff.

Yes, I personally never understood why women my height - 5"2- insisted that the man be 6 foot tall.

It's probably because they want tall kids. But that does NOT guarantee tall children, just the way that two short people can actually have a relatively tall kid.

The cougar I was seeing earlier this year is 5'1" would rag on my height, even though at 5'7" I towered over her lol. I mean, she would shower me with compliments like "you're gorgeous, but you're short. But I'd still marry you if you were 20 years older". I just shrugged it off and busted her balls for being like Howard's girlfriend on Big Bang Theory. She told me she was heartbroken when both of her kids were short even though she married a 6'3" guy. One of my buddies is like 6'4" and both of his parents are short. It doesn't always work the way people think it does.

It's probably because they want tall kids. But that does NOT guarantee tall children, just the way that two short people can actually have a relatively tall kid.

The cougar I was seeing earlier this year is 5'1" would rag on my height, even though at 5'7" I towered over her lol. I mean, she would shower me with compliments like "you're gorgeous, but you're short. But I'd still marry you if you were 20 years older". I just shrugged it off and busted her balls for being like Howard's girlfriend on Big Bang Theory. She told me she was heartbroken when both of her kids were short even though she married a 6'3" guy. One of my buddies is like 6'4" and both of his parents are short. It doesn't always work the way people think it does.

"Heartbroken??" Give me a break. Infuriating how little value some people place on the blessings of being a parent.

It's kind of like the preference men have for women to be super skinny.

I would not say I demanded for a man to be tall. In fact I don't consider my husband tall. He is average. He is 5'9.5". I consider tall to be 6 feet and above. And two short people don't always produce short kids. My mother was 5'3" and my dad was 5'8". My brother is 6 feet tall.

My father's mother was 4 foot 11. My father's father was 5 foot 11. And my father is 5 foot 8. So shorter than his own father.

I am 5 foot three and you know how tall my husband is. We are both pretty average for our age group. All of my husband's male family members are very much shorter than mine . His father is 5 foot six. And his grandfathers were about 5 foot two .However our 16-year-old son is 6 feet tall.

There is more at play genetically speaking than just the parent's genetics. The genetics of other family members and environment and nutrition are going to make a difference.

"Heartbroken??" Give me a break. Infuriating how little value some people place on the blessings of being a parent.

I know. She basically told me she never loved her husband and only married him because he had money and because he was tall. She said they were only intimate like 20 times in 20 years. So that's why she needed me. Priorities, huh?

I'm 5'8", so I'd rather have someone taller than me in heels - 6'5" being a standard optimum for any heel I own. but I've dated men down to 2" shorter, so, it's not a golden rule - as long as they don't pester me for using heels

Damn, how do you even WALK in those things? LOL but at least you're open minded. I don't mind when girls are taller than me in heels, I kinda like it

When a woman says she wants a taller guy, she means taller than you. How tall isn't even really important at that point, and she may just be saying she wants a taller guy because it's the easiest nicest way for her to tell you she's not interested, even if it's not your height. Just keep walking and let it go...

Archived