90 Day Workout Challenge...Who's in?

JA0371

Hi all. I do this challenge every year with a group from my gym...90 day Challenge. We do before and after pics...and this year they chose the week of Thanksgiving! Lol. Oh well...there's always gonna be an excuse to not work out, so no excuses!!

I'll post here every week. So if anyone is motivated , join in! If nothing else we can shame each other into fitness

Oh yeah....Monday Nov 25th is start day..

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should do this! But I won't post pics. I'll post start weight then weekly weight every Monday. I'd like to lose that 8-10 pounds I put on since May. I got into a relationship and by July stopped jogging on a regular basis. And when I'm happy, I have a big appetite so yeah. My butt has become larger.

I hate exercising but I'm totally going to join this thread.

I should do this! But I won't post pics. I'll post start weight then weekly weight every Monday. I'd like to lose that 8-10 pounds I put on since May. I got into a relationship and by July stopped jogging on a regular basis. And when I'm happy, I have a big appetite so yeah. My butt has become larger.

I hate exercising but I'm totally going to join this thread.

Yayyyy!!! No worries on the pics. That's totally your call. Glad you joined! Mondays will be our official 'weigh in' day ...

With the workouts, I'll be starting slow, too - extra slow. I'm thinking 30 minutes of moderate walking daily on the treadmill the first week. I'm very out of shape and have been smoking cigarettes more frequently. Bad bad bad!

I'll join, I'll even post numbers for my 11yo son as well as mine.

I have always been just a bit too chunky. My son was as well, but I just chalked it up to being a growing boy and by the time I really looked at my son he was overweight.

We aren't going to go on a horrible fad diet. We are just going to start moving more. I'm looking forward to the motivation/"shaming", lol, of posting my information here.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Okay, I'm in. I have to get rid of the weight I've packed on since I'm not at home and able to ride my horse every day and do outdoor chores. Also being a tad moody over a stressful situation with a relative has changed me into one of those women who finds comfort in a box of donuts. Something I never used to be and yes, the scale has now crept up way past the point I'm comfortable with. Also I'll just state for the record--menopause sucks.

I don't know that I'll post pics, but I'll do the whole weigh in and maybe if I'm logging on daily to check and report on progress I'll be less inclined to use food for comfort. Also to get off my butt and dust off the treadmill in the house where I'm staying. See you all Monday.

So my sister is in town for thanksgiving. She's the president of her school's triathlon team...so we went biking... Hills... Kill me. It was brutal, my cardiovascular is not what it used to be...well it's nonexistent now.

I unfroze my gym membership and went to go lift weights... Not super heavy but not super light. She went as my gym buddy...I miss having gym partners, it makes it so much more fun and more motivating.

Pretty sore today!

I will be going probably 3 days weights, with light cardio afterwards, 2 days of High Intensity cardio with intervals (HIIT) And probably 2-3 days of yoga per week, depending on scheduling and how I feel.

As for diet...fairly simple, no processed stuff, lot's of protein, healthy fats, and most carbohydrates come from vegetables, nuts, and residual. A lot of greek yogurt, meat, vegetables, avocados, nuts, etc..

We're going to lift together after work...both of us slept in today. Ooops

Current weight: 125 pounds (I'm 5'2" btw)

Goal weight: 112 pounds

My butt and thighs are too fat for my liking. It's as if I gained 8 out of the 10 pounds just in those areas.

It's only 10:43am here right now. After work I will force myself to go at least WALK 30 minutes minimum on the treadmill. I am so lazy that all I really want to do is go home, eat, and watch tv. God help me.

My food habits...

I do not eat breakfast. I just can't. I'm not hungry in the mornings. Could this be a result of me not being fed breakfast as a kid? Anyway ...

I do drink coffee most mornings. Sometimes with milk and sugar, sometimes black. Today I think I consumed about 2/3 cup of milk and I don't how much sugar with my coffee.

During the work week, I eat lunch at 11:45-12:15. I'm still not REALLY hungry at that time but it's the only break I get so I usually eat leftovers from the night before. Today it's leftovers from Friday night - Japanese noodle soup with chicken and vegetables. I cook a lot and eat leftovers for days.

I'm undecided what I will cook this evening but I think it will be spaghetti with lean ground beef and garlic basil greenbeans.

Wow!!! Awesome job everyone!!

I got up at 6:00, had coffee, brushed my teeth made my bed then did an hour of weight training. Now I have a ton of energy. this is why I work out. The difference in my mental clarity is amazing. I'm at work, zipping around...lol.

If anyone needs motivational tips, my biggest tip is honestly to take a 'before' pic of yourself right now...front, side and back shots. And tell yourself you will NOT be in that shape in another six months. Then the rest is the hard part...you gotta put the hard work in. No pill is going to make the difference in your body that cardio and weight training will. There is simply NO substitute.

DAY 1: Current weight is 160 (!!!!) and I did my food shopping over the weekend. Lots of lean protein and veggies and marched my mom past the donuts/cake aisle. She has a sweet tooth and I do too but pointed out we don't need that stuff. Then had a glass of desert wine from local vineyard that night. (Rolls eyes) Rolled out of bed this morning and did 15 minutes of weight lifting. Went outside and spent a half hour cleaning snow off the car, taking out the trash, etc. all while runningat a jogging pace. Pantomined smoking actions from steam coming out of my mouth for neighber who laughed and shook her head at my insanity. I even took my coat off at one point since I was working up such a sweat!

Did not get the treadmill working this weekend though. Not sure if I'll do that or just continue with weights and weird workouts that make the neighbors at my Mom's place wonder about my sanity.

I'm doing an old trick I've done before: cups of warm water with a bit of lemon or Mrs. Braggs apple cider vinegar and a squirt of Stevia. These seem to cut back on my appetite, boost my liquids intake and curb cravings. I do this with each meal and it seems to help.

Biggest problems: laziness sometimes when I go into relax mode and can't be bothered with anything, but catching up on TV and reading. OR too busy mode where I am on deadlines and everything gets shoved to the side. So I'll have to make an effort to not go to either extreme.

What is your current weight and height?

I'm actually interested in reading about everyone"s starting weights and heights on this thread.

Reading a posted weight without a height means little. ParisP, how tall are you? 160 lbs at 5'10" is a hecka difference when compared to 160lbs at my height of 5'2".

What is your current weight and height?

I'm actually interested in reading about everyone"s starting weights and heights on this thread.

Reading a posted weight without a height means little. ParisP, how tall are you? 160 lbs at 5'10" is a hecka difference when compared to 160lbs at my height of 5'2".

Shal I'm 5'4... And currently am 130. Not overweight...but not at my comfort level either. I'd be happy at 118-120. I'm curvy though, so I know I'll never be skinny lol.

JA you are motivating me to get back to the gym...I haven't gone in a week. Busy because I just adopted a kitten, was prepping for job interviews, and it's been freezing cold!

But I need to get back into it because I want to maintain the awesome results and cut for that 6 pack! Summer 2014 baby!

JA you are motivating me to get back to the gym...I haven't gone in a week. Busy because I just adopted a kitten, was prepping for job interviews, and it's been freezing cold!

But I need to get back into it because I want to maintain the awesome results and cut for that 6 pack! Summer 2014 baby!

Woohoo....get your butt moving mister!! I've realized inactivity is the devil for me! When I'm moving Im happy!

Lets do this!! you can buy yourself ome nice speedos for Xmas .....lol

Archived